Welding sucks...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welding sucks...

When you aren't too good at it and you have a lot to do. That is all. (All engine bay panels from scottrod fabrication)
    04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
    There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Its not that bad... Just learn. Use the settings inside the welder (most welders have suggestion settings), hopefully you have gas, and clean metal will yield a good result.

Comment

I started with a flux core welder from HF. That was horriable. So I borrowed a hobart handler 175 with a tri gas setup. That works tons better. I'm just not great with it. I assume a skim coat of bondo before paint should cover the imperfections that I caused.
      04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

It's definitely not something you can be good at right away. It's an acquired skill that takes some practice and know how. You could get some scrap and practice.

Comment

I did that before. I'm just used to watching guys at the shipyard that have welded for their whole lives. So those welds are awesome. And I think jumping right into thin ass sheet metal is proving to be pretty damn difficult as well, lol.
          04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

gas is the only way to go

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
              gas is the only way to go
              You ain't a kiddin'. Here are some pics of what I've gotten done so far.

04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

you need to hook the ground clamp to bare metal instead of painted, and if your having problems blowing through the steel get a small sheet of copper to put behind it to act as a heat soak.

Comment

It looks painted, but it is sanded down to bare metal. I wish I had some extra hands to hold the copper plate back there. I've pretty much been just tack welding untill they meet. Seems to be working, just really slow process.
                  04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

you shouldnt be stitching those panels... only tack weld when it comes to panels. The metal is to thin and you will warp the steel if you try and stitch it together.

I recommend do a tack, move down 2" and do another...go all the way down the panel and come back to the beginning and start again.

btw...their products look excellent. To bad they arent making panels for other vehicles like vintage Mustangs or Chevy C10s

Comment

I was really surprised to see how thin these panels are.
                      04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                        you shouldnt be stitching those panels... only tack weld when it comes to panels. The metal is to thin and you will warp the steel if you try and stitch it together.

I recommend do a tack, move down 2" and do another...go all the way down the panel and come back to the beginning and start again.

btw...their products look excellent. To bad they arent making panels for other vehicles like vintage Mustangs or Chevy C10s
                        Good advice there.
                        Other good advice here too: http://weldingweb.com/

Take your time. Thank god for grinders and flap discs!

Comment

If I were to ever go back to school for some form of higher education, it would be to both comprehensive welding and autobody/refinishing classes.

Comment

Every time I try to weld thin metal I end up scrapin it, but I'm getting experience. I can weld thicker metal but it ain't pretty.

Comment

If you can find someone that will take time to teach you, you're learning curve will be greatly improved.

Comment

Working...
                              X