Prayers needed....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prayers needed....

Just got a phone call that my nephew's daycare teacher had a stroke. She runs a very small daycare, probably no more than 10 kids. She's very good with the kids and my nephew. She's helped me out so much ever since my nephew has moved in with me. I don't know how I'm going to break the news to the little man.
    Originally posted by talisman
    I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
    Originally posted by AdamLX
    If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
    Because fuck you, that's why
    Originally posted by 80coupe
    nice dick, Idrivea4banger
    Originally posted by Rick Modena
    ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
    Originally posted by Jester
    Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Sucks to hear...I hope it is a TIA and not a stroke. How old is she?

Comment

Thanks Dr Dave. I was told it was a massive stroke. She's in her 40's, she's pretty heavy set.
      I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
      If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.

Comment

So who will watch your nephew now?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
          So who will watch your nephew now?
          I am. I'm staying in tomorrow. They're going to update us on her condition. She has two other teachers that help her out. Thats how we found out. Luckily my job has no problem with me bringing him into work with me. This will give me time to put him in my two other nephews daycare if it came down to it. He's so attached to her, as are all the other kids, that its going to be heartbreaking to tell him.

Comment

Damn sorry to hear. Prayers go out
            99 Mustang Project JSTA2V
            going from really slow to just alittle slow

2013 Focus ST the daily cruising the 4 banger

Comment

Prayers sent for both your nephew and his daycare teacher. Really good teachers are a blessing.

Comment

Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
                Thanks Dr Dave. I was told it was a massive stroke. She's in her 40's, she's pretty heavy set.
                That has to be tough on all involved...this type of stuff always happens to good people.

Comment

Update: she was transferred from Baylor Irving to the emergency roo at Dallas, and then got admitted. They have to wait for the neurologist but that from the looks of everything at the moment, she would need brain surgery. They can’t do another CT scan without putting her in danger unless they absolutely have to. So they can’t tell if the brain bleeding has stopped or not. They’ve got her pretty drugged up and still trying to get her blood pressure down. They just told her she bled in her brain because she took too long to get to the hospital and that she was lucky she made it there when she did.

Were all in the process of trying to figure out what's best for the kids. I'm already lookin into another daycare with anothet parent. We feel that Ms Laura needs to be kept away from all the stress of what's going on. Her two helpers can't run it without her, but she needs time to recover. So for now were just waiting to see how it all turns out.

Comment

man i hate to hear that.... good daycare personal is a rarity these days, best of luck breaking it to the lil man
                    first class white trash

Comment

Wow, that's not good. Prayers go out to everyone involved. It is very hard to find good daycare these days. I hope he adjusts well, but be prepared for extra clingy-ness.

Comment

Update: she was transferred from Baylor Irving to the emergency roo at Dallas, and then got admitted. They have to wait for the neurologist but that from the looks of everything at the moment, she would need brain surgery. They can’t do another CT scan without putting her in danger unless they absolutely have to. So they can’t tell if the brain bleeding has stopped or not. They’ve got her pretty drugged up and still trying to get her blood pressure down. They just told her she bled in her brain because she took too long to get to the hospital and that she was lucky she made it there when she did.

Were all in the process of trying to figure out what's best for the kids. I'm already lookin into another daycare with anothet parent. We feel that Ms Laura needs to be kept away from all the stress of what's going on. Her two helpers can't run it without her, but she needs time to recover. So for now were just waiting to see how it all turns out.
                        Sorry to hear the bad news. Mid 40's? Damn

reason 1,643,932,619 why I quit smoking and started working out / eating right.
                        Originally posted by Vertnut
                        I'd run my junk through a waffle iron, if it makes you more "comfortable". LOL!

Comment

I broke the news to my nephew. He didn't quite understand why he wasn't going to daycare. He gets that she's in the hospital because she's hurt. I didn't go into to details since he's only 4. I'm sure once I get him set up at his temporary daycare it will sink in. The good thing though is hell still be with the daughter of my sister's friend. Were going to keep them together so they won't be scared. Thanks to everyone for the prayers.

Comment

I broke the news to my nephew. He didn't quite understand why he wasn't going to daycare. He gets that she's in the hospital because she's hurt. I didn't go into to details since he's only 4. I'm sure once I get him set up at his temporary daycare it will sink in. The good thing though is hell still be with the daughter of my sister's friend. Were going to keep them together so they won't be scared. Thanks to everyone for the prayers.
                            Sounds like you handled it well. Kids don't need details, they can't process stuff like that anyway. Just keeping it simple and telling him that her heart is sick or her brain is sick (however you choose to phrase it) drives the point home enough for them to realize why the change is necessary.
                            Originally posted by Vertnut
                            I'd run my junk through a waffle iron, if it makes you more "comfortable". LOL!

Comment

Another update:

The doc says the bleeding is too close to the stem of Laura’s brain and it’s too dangerous to try to go in and fix. All they can do is keep her on blood pressure medicine to hope it fixes itself that way. But, the doc said they may send her home this weekend because there’s not much they can do. I don’t want to think the worst, and I keep praying she’s going to get better!!

Comment

Working...
                              X