Went to FrontSight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went to FrontSight

And had an absolute blast! Best training I've ever received (other than general range, NRA courses and IDPA shoots). Range Masters, RSOs, and Line Coaches were great giving you adjustments and advice where needed, but didn't make you feel like a moron. I took the 4 Day Defensive Handgun course. I'd recommend this to anybody who wants to improve themselves. They offer shotgun, rifle and precision rifle as well (1,000 yard targets).

There were 300 people there during the 4 days I was there (Friday-Monday), except on Monday when another reported 1,000 showed up (which I believe because there were cars and people everywhere).

I'll be going back as I want to take the Advanced Tactical handgun courses.
    "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

whats the cost on that?

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
      whats the cost on that?

god bless.
      If you go to their website, it's insane. $1,000 for 2 day, $2,000 for 4 day. But if you sign up for the blog emails, he (the owner) sends deals out for both memberships and classes. Right now, the daily "spam" offer is $100 2-day course.

That's the other thing, during lunch they have lectures (use of force, moral and ethical issues of shooting, etc) that are quite informative. On day 3, after the lecture, they pitched a membership deal: 2 "Legacy" memberships, XD gun, & 8 certificates for free training (to give to friends/family) for $4,000 (which is great compared to the cost offered online).

Having said that, they credit whatever you spend. One guy there was already a Legacy member that he got for $1940. They offered him a Diamond membership for $2000. So, since he already paid the $1940, he only had to pay $60 to upgrade.

And I think that's how they "snag" you. Offer cheap courses via email. Get you there, you really enjoy it, then you see the cheap deals once you get there. Kinda like time-shares, but this one you can shoot at.

Myself, I'm a Diamond member on crazy deal that I got for $250 (yes, two-hundred and fifty).

Hotel in Pahrump was $59/night for FrontSight students + $10 for a packed lunch for the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Ignatious Piazza
        Front Sight Diamond Membership is a single payment of $99,800
        Holy Crap! No wonder he will give you $2,000 in guns to be a Diamond Member. That's just...wow.
        "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
        -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

There is a guy in my office that is a huge Frontsight fan. He talks about it every day.

I was reading the OP and thought "time share" before you mentioned it. lol

I have no doubt about the greatness of their tutelage but I can not stand being "sold" or "pitched" anything.
          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by slow06 View Post
            Holy Crap! No wonder he will give you $2,000 in guns to be a Diamond Member. That's just...wow.
            Ya, that's stupid crazy prices. As said once you get there, they offer "reasonable" prices. The "spam" e-mail a couple of weeks ago was the Liberty Membership for $300. There's gonna be some Tea-Party Membership offer in the next week or so, I'm sure for a couple of hundred (if the marketing pattern continues).

I didn't get the guns with my membership deal, but I get to attend any and ALL their courses for free now.

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
            There is a guy in my office that is a huge Frontsight fan. He talks about it every day.

I was reading the OP and thought "time share" before you mentioned it. lol

I have no doubt about the greatness of their tutelage but I can not stand being "sold" or "pitched" anything.
            That was my buddy...HUGE fan. When he told me of the deal I was like, if I get one 4-day course for $250, that'd be good in itself, so I bought it. Now I wish I would have bought those memberships for my entire family at that price.

I suffered through the sales pitch for the 15 minutes they pitched it. Everything else though was great. If you can score one of the "deals", I'd recommend going.
            Last edited by GhostTX; 04-13-2011, 12:23 PM.

Comment

a buddy of mine did their tactical handgun course and loved it, I think his boss paid $4k each for 2 of them to go to AZ. his boss is/was Jimmy Thompson the oil billionaire.

Comment

Pahrump has whore houses, doesn't it?
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Working...
                X