Is reloading worth it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is reloading worth it

I'm spending a ton of money shooting cheap 223/556 ammo and was wondering if it is cost effective to reload . Not looking for match grade ammo just being cheap. TulAmmo works out to be .17 a round before tax can you reload and get it cheaper ? And no I'm talking about reloading brass not the steel that is all over my property .
    The only difference between a tax man and a taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin. -- Mark Twain

Naw, people just spend hundreds of dollars on reloading equipment and components to take a huge loss and waste time. And steel in non reloadable.

Come on dude, also post in the reloading forum
    Originally posted by lincolnboy
    After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Lol after going to cjs house, I'd say fuck yea it's worth it but it all depends on how much you shoot I guess

RESIDENT ELECTRICIAN AND WIRING GURU!!!!

Comment

For me no. I have tones of relaoding crap, but the amount of time Id put in for how little I shoot doesnt matter. If I show all the time or for accuracy, then ok. But not for me.

Comment

The biggest benefit is the accuracy gained.

The cost to enter can be high, But its worth it.

I can make high quality ballistic tip hunting rounds for what it cost to buy off the shelf wolf steel ammo.

Its very time consuming, and the more of a perfectionist you are, the better the results.

Comment

I'm just lookin for plinkin ammo and and I have a police gunrange across the street from my property so brass is free as they don't even pick it up off the ground . (tax dollars hard at work ) I understand as previously stated that steel isn't something that you can reload . I figure my time reloading isn't worth much I'd be wasting it doing something anyways I might aswell have something new to obsess over
            The only difference between a tax man and a taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin. -- Mark Twain

Comment

You will just shoot more. I will say this as well its worth the extra few bucks to buy better projectiles over just fmj.

Why waste all that time when you could have a much more accurate round for 2 cents more a round.

Comment

It depends on how many rounds you are going thru. At a certain point you will overcome the intial investment in reloading equipment, after that your cost will be your time, powder, primers, bullets and replacing spent brass. Good hand loads will always be better than factory(other than some match grade ammo) and can be taylored to overall cartridge length, powder load, power type, primer manufacturer, bullet type and weight.
                2011 Red Candy Metallic Mustang GT/CS
                99 Trans Am
                69 Camaro SS 350/350

Comment

I plan to get into reloading once I get these other two ARs built. Because I know the gf gets hers built and we have an extra we'll be going a lot. And I don't wanna spend all that money on ammo.

I'm starting my brass collection now and then gonna look for someone to show me the ropes when I'm ready. Just to make sure I got it down.

Comment

Originally posted by GSXRK5 View Post
                    I plan to get into reloading once I get these other two ARs built. Because I know the gf gets hers built and we have an extra we'll be going a lot. And I don't wanna spend all that money on ammo.

I'm starting my brass collection now and then gonna look for someone to show me the ropes when I'm ready. Just to make sure I got it down.
                    Reloading is easy, just get a book a go over it. I have a Dillion 550B progressive loader and a Forester single stage Co-Axial press. Depends on how much you want to spend, alot of good choices out there now.
                    2011 Red Candy Metallic Mustang GT/CS
                    99 Trans Am
                    69 Camaro SS 350/350

Comment

Originally posted by Old Man View Post
                      Reloading is easy, just get a book a go over it. I have a Dillion 550B progressive loader and a Forester single stage Co-Axial press. Depends on how much you want to spend, alot of good choices out there now.
                      I think I wanted to start off single stage. Not spend too much. Right now I only shoot about 200ish rounds a month maybe. Which would change if I started reloading. I've seen a couple videos and watched them a couple of times. Doesn't seem too hard.

Comment

Working...
                      X