Picked up a Colt AR15 at a pawn shop the other day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picked up a Colt AR15 at a pawn shop the other day

Can anyone date this gun for me, or tell me some about it? This thing is NICE, from what I can tell it has never been fired. I assume the white mark on the Bolt would have wore off if it were fired? Can anyone tell me the type of barrel it has from the markings? I feel like I have already bugged the hell out of CJ enough lol.

That is a Colt 6920 with a chrome lined 1 in 7 twist barrel. The quintessential AR15.
    Originally posted by lincolnboy
    After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
      That is a Colt 6920 with a chrome lined 1 in 7 twist barrel. The quintessential AR15.
      do you know if its the Military barrel, the air weight, heavy duty? I was reading they installed different barrels. Do you know the date on the gun? thanks for the reply

Comment

I bet onemeannipple could ID it for you.

Comment

take the handguards off and see what the stampings are, i believe the date might be there

nice find assuming you didn't pay an obscene amount for it

Comment

You can tell if its a socom barrel by removing the hand guards. There would be a notch for the grenade launcher.

Comment

Nice find!
              What did you pay for it??
              May need to swing by a few local pawn shops on the way home!

Comment

Originally posted by BEARY View Post
                Nice find!
                What did you pay for it??
                May need to swing by a few local pawn shops on the way home!
                1500 for it and an HK USP .45

Buddy of mine works at a pawn shop, and he called me and said he was about to put them out on the shelf.

Comment

Excellent deal!

Comment

A decent buy at a pawn shop? That never happens! I call BS!!! LOL

Nice procurement!
                    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Wow that's an awesome deal!

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
                        A decent buy at a pawn shop? That never happens! I call BS!!! LOL

Nice procurement!
                        Lets say he owed me a huge favor and I consider it paid lol.

SO the white paint dot on the bolt pictures, Id assume that it hasnt been fired?

Comment

Bolt doesn't look worn, but it could be a new bolt. Look for any wear marks on the inside of the upper receiver where the bolt rides/slides back and forth. That will be a good indicator on if or how much it's been fired.
                          "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Looks good! Especially for the price.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
                              Bolt doesn't look worn, but it could be a new bolt. Look for any wear marks on the inside of the upper receiver where the bolt rides/slides back and forth. That will be a good indicator on if or how much it's been fired.
                              very minor wear in one spot, maybe they cycle at the colt factory?

Comment

Working...
                              X