Jam on a new AR. Panther Arms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jam on a new AR. Panther Arms

Father inlaw just got him a DPMS 308 by Panther Arms. It is a sweet little rifle but he was trying to site the scope in today and it jammed on his second round. the bolt just froze up. not like it was trying to eject a round or anything. A round was in the pipe and she would not rack. I took it apart and fucked with it for a minute and freed it up......anyone know much about these rifles and any problems to look for?
    May God give us strength and courage in the time of our darkest hours.
    Semper Fi

That is was ARs do dude.
    Originally posted by lincolnboy
    After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by Jester View Post
      Father inlaw just got him a DPMS 308 by Panther Arms. It is a sweet little rifle but he was trying to site the scope in today and it jammed on his second round. the bolt just froze up. not like it was trying to eject a round or anything. A round was in the pipe and she would not rack. I took it apart and fucked with it for a minute and freed it up......anyone know much about these rifles and any problems to look for?
      This wouldn't be the first time I've seen a brand new DPMS rifle with a misaligned gas block. Are you saying that it was still in battery, and had not begun the ejection sequence? It "jammed?" Do you mean you couldn't eject the round with pulling the charging handle?
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
        That is was ARs do dude.
        troll
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
          That is was ARs do dude.
          Well his daddy wouldnt buy him an HK!
          Semper Fi

Comment

^^^^

Comment

oshiiiii
              Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                This wouldn't be the first time I've seen a brand new DPMS rifle with a misaligned gas block. Are you saying that it was still in battery, and had not begun the ejection sequence? It "jammed?" Do you mean you couldn't eject the round with pulling the charging handle?
                From what i can tell is that he put a fresh round in and it wouldnt fire and it was stuck on fire and wouldnt click back to safety.....wouldnt let you eject the round and the push button jam button didnt do shit. I had to seperate the receivers and fuck with the bolt to get it to release. I put it back together and it fired a round with no problem. He is running an errand but when he gets back i am gonna load a magazine and see if it will run thru all the rounds with no problem. The bolt and receiver were bone dry so i lightly lubed everything......we shall see.
                Semper Fi

Comment

From what i can tell is that he put a fresh round in and it wouldnt fire and it was stuck on fire and wouldnt click back to safety.....wouldnt let you eject the round and the push button jam button didnt do shit. I had to seperate the receivers and fuck with the bolt to get it to release. I put it back together and it fired a round with no problem. He is running an errand but when he gets back i am gonna load a magazine and see if it will run thru all the rounds with no problem. The bolt and receiver were bone dry so i lightly lubed everything......we shall see.
                  Okay, so it jammed on the first round, you tried the forward assist (that just pushes the bolt back into battery). So you took the upper off, and what did you do exactly? The reason it wouldn't go back on safe is because an AR won't switch to safe unless the hammer is locked back ready to fire. A gun that can't fire isn't "safe." So it seems what happened is the round discharged and it didn't unlock the bolt head. So, it worked fine after that?

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                    Okay, so it jammed on the first round, you tried the forward assist (that just pushes the bolt back into battery). So you took the upper off, and what did you do exactly? The reason it wouldn't go back on safe is because an AR won't switch to safe unless the hammer is locked back ready to fire. A gun that can't fire isn't "safe." So it seems what happened is the round discharged and it didn't unlock the bolt head. So, it worked fine after that?
                    he told me it fired the first round. he loaded another into it and then it wouldnt fire. Now, he is an old cowboy and doesnt have any experience with this type of rifle so he may have just made a mistake. Im not quite sure it. i had hell getting the bolt back, but with a little bit of fucking with it, it went back. dont ask me exactly what i did to it....i just did the shit they told us in the marines.....fuck with it until it goes bang again. lol
                    Semper Fi

Comment

he told me it fired the first round. he loaded another into it and then it wouldnt fire. Now, he is an old cowboy and doesnt have any experience with this type of rifle so he may have just made a mistake. Im not quite sure it. i had hell getting the bolt back, but with a little bit of fucking with it, it went back. dont ask me exactly what i did to it....i just did the shit they told us in the marines.....fuck with it until it goes bang again. lol
                      It sounds like it just hasn't been shot enough to really know if anything is wrong. A gun that jams on it's first shot ever is not out of the ordinary. Make sure the rifle is lubricated.

Comment

Well his daddy wouldnt buy him an HK!
                        I will have you know that in 308 flavor I digress from H&K (at least in battle rifles)!

But seriously, DPMS will warranty this.
                        Originally posted by lincolnboy
                        After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Did he lube it before he shot it? As a Marine, you should be able to show him how.
                          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                            Did he lube it before he shot it? As a Marine, you should be able to show him how.
                            no, he just shot it. I lubed it for him and tomorrow when he has time i am gonna show him how to field strip it and the basics. i figure it just needed some lube and to be fired a few times. I knew a few of you guys would know the rifle and figured i would give yall something to discuss and if yall knew of anything that was consistently wrong with them. It is a solid/heavy motherfucker compared to the M16 I carried.
                            Semper Fi

Comment

no, he just shot it. I lubed it for him and tomorrow when he has time i am gonna show him how to field strip it and the basics. i figure it just needed some lube and to be fired a few times. I knew a few of you guys would know the rifle and figured i would give yall something to discuss and if yall knew of anything that was consistently wrong with them. It is a solid/heavy motherfucker compared to the M16 I carried.
                              Depending on the profile it should only be 2lbs heavier than an M16A1/A2.

Comment

Working...
                              X