Trouble with OR shotgun firing on both

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble with OR shotgun firing on both

It will fire on the top and then not the bottom, or the bottom & then not the top. I understand what's happening, but not sure why or how to fix it.

Any ideas?

American Arms 12 ga, model "Silver I" ? made in Spain.

Thanks
    Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Sounds like your trigger isn't reseting.
    "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

On single trigger selective barrel O/U's when the action is broken open the trigger is set. I believe what is happening is that when the selected barrel is fired, the recoil is not resetting the trigger. Not sure how to fix it other than look for something that is obviously broken.

Comment

Right. The piece the trigger connects to is on a fulcrum, and it's not rocking backwards.
        Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Comment

Be careful; that is now legally a machine gun if you can get them both to fire at once.
          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
            Be careful; that is now legally a machine gun if you can get them both to fire at once.
            Really? What about a double rifle that has two triggers, since you can fire both barrels at the same time is it a machine gun??

My old man bought a CZ SxS the a few months ago and shoot a few rounds of skeet, after the third round both barrels would go off when he pulled the trigger, he sent the gun into CZ (which has the WORST customer service btw) and got it back about few weeks later. He takes it out in the back yard to shoot it and both barrels go off again, lol.
            "A bad day hunting beats a good day at work"

Golden Oaks Lodge
            East Texas Axis and Fallow hunts
            https://www.facebook.com/GoldenOaksLodge/

Comment

Originally posted by Pewter Y2K Z28 View Post
              Really? What about a double rifle that has two triggers, since you can fire both barrels at the same time is it a machine gun??

My old man bought a CZ SxS the a few months ago and shoot a few rounds of skeet, after the third round both barrels would go off when he pulled the trigger, he sent the gun into CZ (which has the WORST customer service btw) and got it back about few weeks later. He takes it out in the back yard to shoot it and both barrels go off again, lol.
              If it can discharge more then 1 cartridge with a single pull of the trigger it is considered a machine gun EVEN if the multi discharge was caused by a malfunction. People are in prison for this at this very moment.
              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

separate triggers isn't a machine gun

multiple shots with one trigger pull = machine gun
                http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                  separate triggers isn't a machine gun

multiple shots with one trigger pull = machine gun
                  understood
                  "A bad day hunting beats a good day at work"

Golden Oaks Lodge
                  East Texas Axis and Fallow hunts
                  https://www.facebook.com/GoldenOaksLodge/

Comment

Originally posted by J&T's 82 View Post
                    On single trigger selective barrel O/U's when the action is broken open the trigger is set. I believe what is happening is that when the selected barrel is fired, the recoil is not resetting the trigger. Not sure how to fix it other than look for something that is obviously broken.
                    This is what I meant when I said resetting. I would check your fulcrum's that move back and make sure all are in good condition and not frozen up.
                    "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
                      This is what I meant when I said resetting. I would check your fulcrum's that move back and make sure all are in good condition and not frozen up.
                      I can push it back/rock it with my finger, and the other barrel will engage to fire. Not frozen, I don't think.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
                        I'm not sure where you got the idea that it was firing both shells at once? He's saying it won't fire both shells, even with two separate pulls of the trigger.
                        "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
                        -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Took it to Red's indoor range, they have a gunsmith there named Vasili (Bill). He's affordable ($60/hr), gonna let him have at it.

Thanks for the info, I was able to go in & not sound like a total newbie

Comment

Originally posted by slow06 View Post
                            I'm not sure where you got the idea that it was firing both shells at once? He's saying it won't fire both shells, even with two separate pulls of the trigger.
                            Never thought that. Just wanted him to be careful messing with it.

Comment

Working...
                            X