Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cutting some bills and ATT is one of them.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutting some bills and ATT is one of them.

My wife, 2 kids and mom all have galaxy smartphones , is there a way to get rid of the data plan tied to them but still use the phones? I don't like the idea of having to buy new dumb phones at full pop . Thanks
    The only difference between a tax man and a taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin. -- Mark Twain

Originally posted by Reefer Rae View Post
    My wife, 2 kids and mom all have galaxy smartphones , is there a way to get rid of the data plan tied to them but still use the phones? I don't like the idea of having to buy new dumb phones at full pop . Thanks
    I'm not sure but the "enhanced data plans" they FORCE you to purchase is complete horseshit.
    How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Not possible w/an att branded/subsidized device. If you'll get the Canadian equivalent from Telus(or any unbranded gsm phone that's compatible w/att frequencies), it can be done because ATT's system won't recognize the IMEI.

In doing so, you can get the $15 MediaNet unlimited data plan on a smartphone. ;-)

Sent from my iPhail eleventybillion

Comment

Yep, not possible. Smart phones require data plans. I got my 13 year old a non-smartphone style phone for that very reason and holy hell its a POS. There are no decent non-smartphones anymore. Texting on his phone is beyond painfull.

Comment

Originally posted by Lason View Post
          There are no decent non-smartphones anymore.
          This. Trying to find a decent phone that doesn't require a data package on Verizon is about impossible. My daughter ended up with an LG Cosmos that is a complete piece of shit.
          - Darrell

1993 LX - Reef Blue R331ci
          1993 Cobra #199 - SOLD

Comment

I just got off the phone with AT&t and the pissing match didn't go the way way I wanted it to. $630.00 in disconnect early termination fees and i need a new provider . Who's happy with their carrier ?
            The only difference between a tax man and a taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin. -- Mark Twain

Comment

DADGUM! Did they at least give you a kiss first?

Comment

I just got off the phone with AT&t and the pissing match didn't go the way way I wanted it to. $630.00 in disconnect early termination fees and i need a new provider . Who's happy with their carrier ?
                Dude, EVERY carrier is going to require a data plan with a smartphone. What are you trying to accomplish and maybe we can give you ideas. Throwing $600+ in ETF's and then having to buy new phones + possible deposit + activation fees seems real counter productive at cutting down bills.

Comment

I was just wanting for them to use the phones they have now without a data plan. Right now I'm telling my mom to get her own plan my kids are going to pay for their own go phones my wife is going to get a prepaid phone and I'm happy about not having a cell for a while . My bill just went from $325 a month to $30-$40. I may like it in the stone age.
                  P.S. My iphone works fine on wifi, and google voice works just fine on my lappy.

Comment

Wifey was using iphone 3gs for like 2-3 months w/out a plan. I turned all the data options off before putting her sim card in there. Then one day, niece was playing on phone and turned on data, which they put a plan on her. Gonna cancel the iphone plan and put her back on her old phone and do it all over again.

Comment

You can buy a phone outright and not have a data plan at all attached. I have an Iphone4 with tmobile no data plan owner for my line and plus everywhere I go has Wi-fi.

Comment

Fixin to check on t-mobile. I'm lazy but can a iphone4 be unlocked and used on their network ?

Comment

Fixin to check on t-mobile. I'm lazy but can a iphone4 be unlocked and used on their network ?
                          Yes buy it'll only work on Edge data speeds.

Comment

Works for me wifi at work and home

Comment

It'll always work on wifi, but mobile data on tmob will be frustrating.

Comment

Working...
                              X