Engine Assembled S/C'd 08 GT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Assembled S/C'd 08 GT

I finally have the engine ready to go back in the 08 GT. Hoping I can get it dropped in next weekend.

Some of you might remember my other thread:

New engine:

sigpic

awesome, what power will it make at the flywheel?

Comment

Nice tensioner.
      Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Numbers and specs bro!

And it looks good! Dark blue being loaded on the flatbed, if I remember correctly?
        www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Subscribing.

Nice looking mill man.

David

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
            awesome, what power will it make at the flywheel?
            Not sure. I expect 575 to 600 rwhp. It made 473rwhp before it blew up and I'm increasing the boost, cams, added headers and much stronger bottom end.

Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
            Nice tensioner.
            Haha. Thanks.

Originally posted by mikec View Post
            Numbers and specs bro!

And it looks good! Dark blue being loaded on the flatbed, if I remember correctly?
            It's a forged stroked bottom end, custom grind comp cams, 14psi Saleen SC and 1 3/4" Kooks headers and offroad x-pipe. Plenty of other mods, but those are the ones that count.

Yup that's the one. A year ago last month.
            sigpic

Comment

LOL, I have done a few single belt positive displacement supercharger installs and know how important a really good tensioner is. Hate to spend $350 on such a simple part but they are worth it.
              Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Going to be a blast. Wish I was going to be free next weekend to help. Can't wait to go for a ride.

Comment

Bet that wasn't cheap!

Comment

Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
                    LOL, I have done a few single belt positive displacement supercharger installs and know how important a really good tensioner is. Hate to spend $350 on such a simple part but they are worth it.
                    Yeah I'm hoping I don't have any belt slip. I'm pretty sure I was getting a little belt slip before it blew up.

Originally posted by Brn N Rubr View Post
                    Going to be a blast. Wish I was going to be free next weekend to help. Can't wait to go for a ride.
                    Me too. I'm going at it alone next weekend I think.

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
                    Bet that wasn't cheap!
                    LOL You are correct it wasn't cheap. I went over budget by about 5K, but I really didn't want to tear into some of this stuff again anytime soon.
                    sigpic

Comment

What bottom end did you go with? Comp?
                      De Oppresso Liber.

Comment

Originally posted by 95ragtop View Post
                        What bottom end did you go with? Comp?
                        It's a JDM short block 302 1000hp rated. Heads done by Morgan machine and the cams are custom grind (JDM) from Comp.
                        sigpic

Comment

Badass. Post up some dyno videos and runs at the track when u get it finished
                          99 Mustang Project JSTA2V
                          going from really slow to just alittle slow

2013 Focus ST the daily cruising the 4 banger

Comment

Originally posted by mustang1200 View Post

LOL You are correct it wasn't cheap. I went over budget by about 5K, but I really didn't want to tear into some of this stuff again anytime soon.
                            Ouch! This would be why I'm praying mine stays together long enough for me to throw a forged rotating assembly in it.

I'll be watching this thread for the finished results

Comment

No pictures yet, but the engine is in and all buttoned up. I have a few small items to finish up ie: coolant, CAI, etc. It didn't take long to drop the engine in and get it all assembled. We spent about 4 hours doing it. Huge thanks to my buddy Bryan for the help.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X