X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atf pistol brace rule

Free sbr stamp

Seems suspicious…. Thoughts?

On January 13, 2023, the Attorney General signed ATF final rule 2021R-08F, “Factoring Criteria for Firearms with Attached ‘Stabilizing Braces,’” amending ATF’s regulations to clarify when a rifle is designed, made, and intended to be fired from the shoulder. The final rule was published in the Federal Register on January 31, 2023.
    "PSH!!!"

I don't like it, feels like a trap. Essentially if you take the free stamp route then you are admitting to having already built what they now consider to be a SBR without the stamp. What if, during the process, something gets delayed or screwed up and you get denied for whatever reason (I know the fed bois would NEVER screw something up but stay with me here). From everything I've read and seen, they (the ATF) have not said anything other than they would take an "enforcement action" at that time.

*IF* I ever decide to build a SBR I'll just submit my form 1 and wait to build it.

Oh yeah, edit to add, this is total BS and unconstitutional as they are non-elected bureaucrats that are trying to change laws as they see fit, and not just enforce the actual law in a way that would make people safer. This has nothing to do with safety, it's all about control.
    Originally posted by stevo
    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
      I don't like it, feels like a trap. Essentially if you take the free stamp route then you are admitting to having already built what they now consider to be a SBR without the stamp. What if, during the process, something gets delayed or screwed up and you get denied for whatever reason (I know the fed bois would NEVER screw something up but stay with me here). From everything I've read and seen, they (the ATF) have not said anything other than they would take an "enforcement action" at that time.

*IF* I ever decide to build a SBR I'll just submit my form 1 and wait to build it.

Oh yeah, edit to add, this is total BS and unconstitutional as they are non-elected bureaucrats that are trying to change laws as they see fit, and not just enforce the actual law in a way that would make people safer. This has nothing to do with safety, it's all about control.
      I agree 100%
      "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
        Free sbr stamp

Seems suspicious?. Thoughts?

https://www.atf.gov/rules-and-regula...ilizing-braces
        What? you think the government would do something sneaky ?

I dont own any guns, lost them all in a boating accident.. If I did though, i'd probably buy second hand with no records... But always remember the AFT hangs out on the local gun boards...
        Last edited by dcs13; 01-31-2023, 12:39 PM. Reason: added

Comment

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
          What? you think the government would do something sneaky ?

I dont own any guns, lost them all in a boating accident.. If I did though, i'd probably buy second hand with no records... But always remember the AFT hangs out on the local gun boards...
          Sorry to hear about your boat, I'm guessing it was moored at Chandler's
          Landing in Rockwall?

Stevo

Comment

So lets say you purchased a pistol with a brace already attached. You could simply remove and dispose of the brace to become 'legal' again? Correct?
            G'Day Mate

Comment

Is this like when they were prosecuting Napster users for stealing music and had an amnesty website. Yeah just enter your info on our site and we promise we won?t prosecute you! Lol. What a fuckin joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                Free sbr stamp

Seems suspicious?. Thoughts?

https://www.atf.gov/rules-and-regula...ilizing-braces
                "Free stamp, just REGISTER with us and it's all good. We pinky promise to not do anything shady with this info later."
                -The ATF

Comment

^^^

Ha!
                  Originally posted by Silverback
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Don't forget they don't have the power to not charge the tax stamp. Only congress can do that. It's all a setup.
                    92 LX 5.0

Comment

Looks like a bunch of states are suing the atf

The NRA filed a lawsuit in North Dakota challenging the Biden administration's new rule regulating pistols equipped with stabilizing braces as short-barreled rifles.
                      "PSH!!!"

Comment

It's a shame TX isn't on the list of states in that lawsuit.

Stevo

Comment

Comment

I mean, at that point, no difference in penalty to having an unregistered machine gun

Comment

They can shove compliance up their asses.

Comment

Working...
                              X