holy shit I hate my laptop now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• holy shit I hate my laptop now

How tf do I permanently disable updates?

Motherfucker just updated itself and now it cleared all cache data, no website recognizes me and since the 20 or so sites that I go to for business on a monthly basis require a password, which are all seemingly different, guess I'm going to have to reset every one bc there's no way I have time to figure them out again. ARGH!
    Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Originally posted by barronj View Post

Motherfucker just updated itself and now it cleared all cache data, no website recognizes me and since the 20 or so sites that I go to for business on a monthly basis require a password, which are all seemingly different, guess I'm going to have to reset every one bc there's no way I have time to figure them out again. ARGH!
    Might be wise in the future to make a text document to keep all your login details and passwords (don't store it on your computer).

Comment

Your old browser profile probably got changed from default. What browser?

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64
        You install manjaro linux. Microshit is quite anti consumer, they don't care whether you want their updates or not. You'll take em and like it. Iirc the best you can do is a 7 day delay.
        He mentioned an update, didn't say if it was browser or OS. Your beating the drum of linux sounds like a broken record. It's not the solution to all computer use problems.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt."

Comment

I feel your pain, I went to lunch one day and mine did an update, got back and nothing worked. Turns out the update overloaded my hard drive and I needed a bigger one.

Comment

Have you tried turning it off and back on again?

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
              Have you tried turning it off and back on again?
              Or hitting it?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by barronj View Post

Did you ever get to the bottom of this?

Comment

Working...
                X