Decent homeowners insurance that won't break the bank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decent homeowners insurance that won't break the bank

What's some good homeowner's insurance that's inexpensive? My current insurance company is kicking me off for the usual insurance company reasons. I was going to file a claim on some flooring that got jacked up after I had the foundation fixed. Insurance co said "We don't cover that".

Ok fine, fix it myself. Now they send another letter saying they're dropping me because I never told them what I did about the flooring. Yeah ok good riddance lol. I've been getting letters in the mail for insurance that appears to be roughly $500 less than what I was paying. Latest one was from allstate.

Anything to watch out for? How do you get the best price while making sure the insurance isn't garbage? I hate dealing with insurance, I really do. They're all just a bunch of scammers imo.
    WH

I use an independent agent that shops multiple companies for my situation and follows up annually for each policy I have.
    Originally posted by stevo
    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

I went through these guys on my new house and it cut my insurance almost in half from state farm on my previous house even though the new one is 850 sqft bigger and 1/3 more value.

Insurance Agency Serving Entire State of Texas

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
        I use an independent agent that shops multiple companies for my situation and follows up annually for each policy I have.
        x2

Comment

Why do you need insurance? It seems the government and FEMA bail out everyone who has damage nowadays. Just roll the dice...

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
            How much do they make off of you though? You can go directly to the insurance co. Liberty Mutual has similar coverage to what I had before, for roughly $400 less. No broker.

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
            I went through these guys on my new house and it cut my insurance almost in half from state farm on my previous house even though the new one is 850 sqft bigger and 1/3 more value.

https://brockmanpremierins.com/
            Did you read all the fine print and make sure it covers everything you want covered? They love their little gotchas. For example, when I had the foundation repaired and tried to file the claim they're dropping me for, I was trying to file on something they claim to cover. Which is water damage to the foundation.

Foundation repair guy says that the damage was caused by water, but it's the usual shifting in texas. But the cause is water. I tell the insurance co that, and they say "No we mean water that came from the pipes."

So in other words no, different water.
            WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
              How much do they make off of you though? You can go directly to the insurance co. Liberty Mutual has similar coverage to what I had before, for roughly $400 less. No broker.

Did you read all the fine print and make sure it covers everything you want covered? They love their little gotchas. For example, when I had the foundation repaired and tried to file the claim they're dropping me for, I was trying to file on something they claim to cover. Which is water damage to the foundation.

Foundation repair guy says that the damage was caused by water, but it's the usual shifting in texas. But the cause is water. I tell the insurance co that, and they say "No we mean water that came from the pipes."

So in other words no, different water.
              I have no idea how much they make off of me, but they have found me better insurance at lower premiums with lower deductibles than what I was able to find myself and I do not wish to spend my time or energy shopping that crap or learning about it. I've been using the same guys (The Phoenix Insurance) since like 2004 and never paid them a dime directly, they get paid by the insurance companies. I'm extremely satisfied with them and would recommend them to anyone I know.

Stevo

Comment

I'll keep them in mind in the event that things don't work out with liberty mutual. You must mean this:

Looking for a highly rated insurance agency in Dallas TX? We've got you covered! Start your quotes online in seconds or call us today!
                WH

Comment

Yeah, I usually deal with Jason Olson from there, you can tell him Nick Anselmo sent you if you call them.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                    I'll keep them in mind in the event that things don't work out with liberty mutual. You must mean this:

https://www.thephoenixinsurance.com/
                    Plus\, with Liberty Mutual, you can customize your insurance so you only pay for what you need. A lot of people don't realize that.

Comment

Working...
                    X