Keto diet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I gave up!

OK, I gave up tracking anything and just started doing. Years of Polar HR watches, bikes with sensors every where, tracking software, etc, just wore me the F out.

I have been in and out of LC for years. I drop 10, gain 5, wash repeat, every year. It is like I set a weight every time where I get serious again. It works fairly well but I kicked it in high gear last month. I refuse to weigh but my uniform feels fantastic on me. Also I have stopped having cheat weekends and just have a cheat meal every blue moon. I do know the mileage around my hood out here exactly depending on route and I tag either a T or R on the board. Sitting around 100 miles the last two weeks and back in the gym. I took a break over the winter. 220 or bust by August dammit.
    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Dear Diary,

I have gone from 320 to 289 in the past 10 weeks doing low carb. I haven't exercised at all, it feels like there is no time in the day. The lightest I have been since high school is 275, that weight was when I got married in 06. I was up to 380 when we owned the bar. I have been having a cheat meal once a week.

Comment

I've only been doing this for two weeks but I haven't had the urge for a cheat meal. I've been incredibly satisfied by food I've been eating.
        hope that doesn't change.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
          I've only been doing this for two weeks but I haven't had the urge for a cheat meal. I've been incredibly satisfied by food I've been eating.
          hope that doesn't change.
          How much water are you drinking?
          Originally posted by PGreenCobra
          I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
          Originally posted by Trip McNeely
          Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
          dont downshift!!
          Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
            I gave up!

OK, I gave up tracking anything and just started doing. Years of Polar HR watches, bikes with sensors every where, tracking software, etc, just wore me the F out.

I have been in and out of LC for years. I drop 10, gain 5, wash repeat, every year. It is like I set a weight every time where I get serious again. It works fairly well but I kicked it in high gear last month. I refuse to weigh but my uniform feels fantastic on me. Also I have stopped having cheat weekends and just have a cheat meal every blue moon. I do know the mileage around my hood out here exactly depending on route and I tag either a T or R on the board. Sitting around 100 miles the last two weeks and back in the gym. I took a break over the winter. 220 or bust by August dammit.
            I never formally tracked living LC and came out fine. Just referenced the net carbs in off-the-shelf foods and read labels. That being said I'm confident nonetheless that tracking is a very good idea.

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
            I drink about two gallons a day, excessive I'll admit and it has consequences but have been doing that for years.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
              A crap ton. I have a mini fridge behind my desk full of water.

Comment

as of this morning I'm down to 228.

Comment

This weekend I hit a new low of 224lb. We did have a cheat meal at or favorite local Mexican restraint, but even then we shared a meal, and didn't eat the beans and rice.

Comment

I'm a little in shock right now, because this morning I was 212.6lb! Can't believe that when I started this thread in early April I was 241. Such a difference in how much I enjoy life. I was playing sand volleyball Saturday and didn't die. lol

Comment

Nicely done

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                        I'm a little in shock right now, because this morning I was 212.6lb! Can't believe that when I started this thread in early April I was 241. Such a difference in how much I enjoy life. I was playing sand volleyball Saturday and didn't die. lol
                        Congratulations. Keep it up!!

Watched a really good documentary called The Magic Pill. Easy way to explain to folks you care about about health and the life improvements over carb diets.
                        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
                          Congratulations. Keep it up!!

Watched a really good documentary called The Magic Pill. Easy way to explain to folks you care about about health and the life improvements over carb diets.
                          We watched that too. I feel so much better since I quit sugar. Biggest thing I've noticed is I don't really snack anymore. I mean I'm rarely hungry these days. My wife is the same way. Also really awesome is my daughter is learning responsible eating from us.

Comment

Had blood work done after being on keto for around 8 months now. I have family history on both sides with high BP and cholesterol. Mine's always been high especially during the smoking years.
                            As of now BP, triglycerides and hdl are all normal. LDL is high as of now. Going to continue keto and do a MCT oil daily dose and retest in 3 months. If that doesn't work then I'll start the atorvastatin pill popping bullshit.

Comment

I am also on the Keto bandwagon, 1.5 months in, down 10 lbs, I feel better than I have in years, my blood pressure went up though and my pulse is higher now, going for blood work soon.
                              Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

As of Sunday morning I'm 209lb. I haven't been this light in a long time. My wife has also lost quite a bit. She was running around the house all excited yesterday because she fit in a size 8 pair of jeans. I'm down in a large size shirt and am past due on buying new pants. I think I'm going to go to my boss and ask for smaller shirts. that's a great feeling!

Comment

Working...
                                X