Discussing things that are EPA taboo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discussing things that are EPA taboo

I was looking for some information on mods for my F250 6.7 in a popular Ford Truck forum. The consensus seemed to be "the EPA monitors for these threads and will go after anyone they can identify", and discussing things like tunes & exhaust was discouraged. It was so frustrating, this "shhhh, we can't talk about that here"...

I would think the solution would be to flood the posts with tags and keywords to make it impossible to distinguish what's real and what's subterfuge, so I came here to run it up the flagpole because there's probably an angle I'm not considering, like the liability for the owner of the forum?
    Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

I heard they are busting shops left and right so most aren?t even selling programmers or programs any longer. They are even targeting drivers with reporting phone numbers. I would say at this point it?s probably best to learn how to program and do the mods yourself. The game is getting difficult for the car enthusiast.

I believe this RPM Act was supposed to curb some of the bullshit but failed to get any traction.

Until the EPA is scaled way down, future looks grim for ICE vehicles in all facets.

Comment

Funny you bring this up. I was looking at a LS Swap in a TJ, running a Holly Terminator system for an ECU. No original computer, how does one get it inspected for emissions? All I have ever done was older swaps that didn't have emissions. I don't mind adding cats and such, but just not sure on how they inspect them. The sniffer would be great, but I think they need to OBD2 them, am I right?
      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
        Funny you bring this up. I was looking at a LS Swap in a TJ, running a Holly Terminator system for an ECU. No original computer, how does one get it inspected for emissions? All I have ever done was older swaps that didn't have emissions. I don't mind adding cats and such, but just not sure on how they inspect them. The sniffer would be great, but I think they need to OBD2 them, am I right?
        That's why I love Alabama. No state inspections.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
          I heard they are busting shops left and right so most aren?t even selling programmers or programs any longer.
          You have to go to America's hat to get anything.
          Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
            Best bet is to get a 97 or a 98. 25 years and older goes safety only here.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
              Best bet is to get a 97 or a 98. 25 years and older goes safety only here.
              Did they change the rules for classics/antiques, or just any vehicle 25 years and older? Used to be registration only, no inspection required for classics.

Comment

Originally posted by barronj View Post
                Did they change the rules for classics/antiques, or just any vehicle 25 years and older? Used to be registration only, no inspection required for classics.
                You can only drive a Classic/Antique to parades. But anything over 25 you are good, just safety only, and can use as your daily.

I have dabbled with moving to East Texas. I have a job and free barndo up! There is no emissions in bowie county.
                Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by barronj View Post
                  Antique plates are supposed to be show only. A cop might not care about a car that looks old, but a tj jeep will get you in trouble.

Comment

As stated, in TX once they are 25 years old it's a safety only inspection.
                    Originally posted by stevo
                    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                      As stated, in TX once they are 25 years old it's a safety only inspection.
                      OR if you're in a no emissions county, which thank god I am now..

Comment

Working...
                      X