• Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much land?

Comment

just shy of 4 acres
      http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Perfect! My dream would be somewhere in the 5-10 acre range. My family has a 100acre ranch and it is a lot of work to maintain that much.

Comment

5-10 is perfect. if I had 10, I'd just leave half of it raw as a boundary layer

Comment

That looks amazing

Comment

My dad has just under 9 acres now, and just at 10 acres at his last house (where I went to high school). That, to me, was about the perfect size. Of course, this is in the forest, with only about 2-3 acres cleared, so the privacy was amazing.

Comment

Id really like to find 5-10, but would settle for 1-2 if it was in the right spot with the right house and shop... so we arent moving anytime soon.

Congrats on the new place man.
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter
                  Plenty of second guessing and nervousness, but no hesitation! LOL
                  Hahah, that says it all right there.

Comment

Man, I'm jealous of the acreage. It's not a lot by Texas standards, but around here lots average 5k sqft. You either get a front yard, or a back yard, but not both without shelling out some serious coin.

Comment

I might have spoken too soon, just got a call that a friend's place is possibly going to be on the market, I'm guessing it will be right at the top of our price range, 6 acres, stocked pond, pool, very nice custom home.

found an old listing:
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Looks bigger than 2,900 sqft from the outside.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                          I might have spoken too soon, just got a call that a friend's place is possibly going to be on the market, I'm guessing it will be right at the top of our price range, 6 acres, stocked pond, pool, very nice custom home.

found an old listing:
                          http://www.landsofamerica.com/texas/...exas/id/940631
                          I am no AC expert but that outside AC unit looks tiny for that size of house.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                            Looks bigger than 2,900 sqft from the outside.
                            The pics are not great, the picture of the garage is not correct, the garage is a 3 car on the end of the house. That may help with the sizing of what you see.
                            Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                            I am no AC expert but that outside AC unit looks tiny for that size of house.
                            I know the owners well. I can ask about bills and whatnot without issue. If it's undersized, they havent ever said anything to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post

found an old listing:
                              http://www.landsofamerica.com/texas/...exas/id/940631
                              Pretty much what we want but can't really come up with in the areas we are looking.

Comment

I grew up in the suburbs of Richardson... My mother grew up on 100 acres north of Stillwater, OK.

I always felt more at home at my grandparents or at our cabin in Colorado.

I wouldn't have chosen Brazoria county, but there are certainly worse places to be.

I'm so thankful that I broke the wife of suburbia. She used to be deathly afraid of nights in the country. Now she can't imagine being able to visually identify neighbors when they walk out their front door.

Our last place was only 3/4 acre, but we were buffered by acreage on all sides. We're as close to our new neighbors as we were at the last place, but there are hedge rows and fences between us now and long driveways to the houses.

Before we had neighbor kids who could break the privacy. They were great kids, but I'm everybody's friend, so it wasn't as quiet/secluded as we are now.

It doesn't feel real still. Part of it is the four rooms and two bathrooms that are still empty/unused! LOL

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                                Man, I'm jealous of the acreage. It's not a lot by Texas standards, but around here lots average 5k sqft. You either get a front yard, or a back yard, but not both without shelling out some serious coin.

Comment

Working...
                                X