2013 NFL Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
    That's a big if, and Dallas has never beaten NY at home. That's a huge hurdle to overcome. I shouldn't say never... I mean as far as the Deathstar goes.
    - Tony Romo is 2-0 against Eli's Giants in the season opener (2007 and 2012).
    - The Cowboys are 6-0 against the Giants in the season opener.
    - Dallas beat New York in consecutive Week 1 matchup's in the '65 and '66 seasons.
    - In 2007, the Cowboys lost their final preseason game (like they did this year), 10 days later, they bounced back by beating the Giants in Week 1 at home.
    - Eli Manning's Giants are 0-3 in Sunday Night Football games in Week 1, including consecutive season openers in 2006 and 2007.
    - The Giants are 0-2 on September 8th under Tom Coughlin.
    - Tony Romo has the highest career Week 1 QB rating in NFL history (115.5). He has had a QB rating of 100.0 or higher in 5 out of 6 Week 1 games. Eli Manning, on the other hand, has a career Week 1 QB rating of 72.1. He has only reached a 100.0 QB rating in Week 1 once out of 8 games.
    2014 GT
    2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

I'm a die hard fan, and I'd say that's a little optimistic. I hope I'm wrong.
      I'll save you a seat on the winner's bench.

Comment

Originally posted by Slow Five-O View Post
        - Tony Romo is 2-0 against Eli's Giants in the season opener (2007 and 2012).
        - The Cowboys are 6-0 against the Giants in the season opener.
        - Dallas beat New York in consecutive Week 1 matchup's in the '65 and '66 seasons.
        - In 2007, the Cowboys lost their final preseason game (like they did this year), 10 days later, they bounced back by beating the Giants in Week 1 at home.
        - Eli Manning's Giants are 0-3 in Sunday Night Football games in Week 1, including consecutive season openers in 2006 and 2007.
        - The Giants are 0-2 on September 8th under Tom Coughlin.
        - Tony Romo has the highest career Week 1 QB rating in NFL history (115.5). He has had a QB rating of 100.0 or higher in 5 out of 6 Week 1 games. Eli Manning, on the other hand, has a career Week 1 QB rating of 72.1. He has only reached a 100.0 QB rating in Week 1 once out of 8 games.

You sure are trying hard to prove something. 8-8 tops. Watch.
        Originally posted by BradM
        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
        Originally posted by Leah
        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

You sure are trying hard to prove something. 8-8 tops. Watch.
          I was merely posting stats from previous years just as you were. Which was my point, that's not this year. 8-8 is the floor.
          2014 GT
          2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

getting rid of fat Sam Elliot and having someone other than Garrett calling plays is good for an additional win this year over last. That's my reasoning anyway.

Maaaaybe 8-7-1 LOL

Comment

I was merely posting stats from previous years just as you were. Which was my point, that's not this year. 8-8 is the floor.
              You tell me what has changed so much this year, that they haven't had in previous years. That IS this year. Just like last year. Just like the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that. What do they have, that is going to make them a team that is over .500, much less win the division?

For the record, wins in 1965 and 1966 against ANY team don't have dick to do with 2013.

Comment

The Rob Ryan curse has already sidelined 3 key defensive players for the Saints.
                "Yeeeeehhhhhaaaaawwwww that's my jam"

Comment

I am bias, so Packers all the way!

Comment

Originally posted by 01vnms4v View Post
                    I am bias, so Packers all the way!

Sent from my LGL45C using Tapatalk 2
                    "We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Comment

You tell me what has changed so much this year, that they haven't had in previous years. That IS this year. Just like last year. Just like the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that. What do they have, that is going to make them a team that is over .500, much less win the division?

For the record, wins in 1965 and 1966 against ANY team don't have dick to do with 2013.
                      You mean besides the completely different defense and coaching staff? The defense being mostly healthy? Sean Lee, Bruce Carter, Barry Church, Claiborne, etc.?
                      An improved offensive line?
                      A better pay caller
                      A coach that is going to be a head coach this year
                      And A somewhat easier schedule?
                      2014 GT
                      2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

You mean besides the completely different defense and coaching staff? The defense being mostly healthy? Sean Lee, Bruce Carter, Barry Church, Claiborne, etc.?
                        An improved offensive line?
                        A better pay caller
                        A coach that is going to be a head coach this year
                        And A somewhat easier schedule?

You can probably count on one hand, the times a team has completely switched schemes on defense, and done anything noteworthy. It takes time for that crap to come together. Training camp and preseason isn't enough time. Not to mention, Kiffin could die any given day now, then what?

Claiborne has done diddly squat as of yet. Sure, everyone starts the season healthy. Lee, Carter, and Church all have stories histories of injuries, so don't count your chickens before they hatch.

Schedule is far from easy. While I'm glad Garrett is no longer calling plays, I haven't seen anything worth noting that says Callahan is any better.

Sorry to blow holes in everything you think helps, but none of it held any water to begin with. Until Jerry is dead, the Cowboys will continue to ride the wave of mediocrity. It's not even an opinion at this point, it is a fact. And as I already mentioned, I'm a die hard fan, so that isn't easy to say. The sooner you realize that the circus for the last 18 years is just that, and an indicator of what's to come, the less disappointing your Sunday afternoons will be.

Comment

You can probably count on one hand, the times a team has completely switched schemes on defense, and done anything noteworthy. It takes time for that crap to come together. Training camp and preseason isn't enough time. Not to mention, Kiffin could die any given day now, then what?

Claiborne has done diddly squat as of yet. Sure, everyone starts the season healthy. Lee, Carter, and Church all have stories histories of injuries, so don't count your chickens before they hatch.

Schedule is far from easy. While I'm glad Garrett is no longer calling plays, I haven't seen anything worth noting that says Callahan is any better.
                          So none of those things are things to look forward to? For a "die hard" fan you sure are pessimistic about everything.

I realize a new defense takes time to get used to, but the players have done well I'm the preseason (not that I put a whole lot into preseason though) with it. It is built for our team. I didn't call it a top D, you said name things that look different/better than the last few years. They will be much better.

And the schedule is somewhat easier. a bye week near the end finally, and starting and finishing at home.
                          2014 GT
                          2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

So none of those things are things to look forward to? For a "die hard" fan you sure are pessimistic about everything.

I realize a new defense takes time to get used to, but the players have done well I'm the preseason (not that I put a whole lot into preseason though) with it. It is built for our team. I didn't call it a top D, you said name things that look different/better than the last few years. They will be much better.

And the schedule is somewhat easier. a bye week near the end finally, and starting and finishing at home.

Sure, I enjoy seeing players improve. But they can't stay healthy. I'm telling you right now, they aren't any better. They will miss the playoffs, again. This team wasn't built for a 4-3, either. There are tons of gaps still, and "they'll have to do" players, because they had too many holes to fill and no money to do it.

And again, starting and finishing at home isn't a benefit. They are a whopping 2 games over .500 at home. Not exactly setting the world on fire...

Comment

Sure, I enjoy seeing players improve. But they can't stay healthy. I'm telling you right now, they aren't any better. They will miss the playoffs, again. This team wasn't built for a 4-3, either. There are tons of gaps still, and "they'll have to do" players, because they had too many holes to fill and no money to do it.

And again, starting and finishing at home isn't a benefit. They are a whopping 2 games over .500 at home. Not exactly setting the world on fire...
                              When you watch football, or a cowboy game, can you even enjoy it?
                              Last edited by Slow Five-O; 09-04-2013, 05:40 PM.
                              2014 GT
                              2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

When you watch football, or a cowboy game, can you even enjoy it?
                                When they field a prepared, disciplined team lead by good coaching, absolutely. Of course, I can't remember the last time they've done that.

Comment

Working...
                                X