• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't call the cops

You might get shot! WTF

Man dead after officer involved shooting in Ft. Worth
    May 28, 2013 5:12 p.m.

A man is dead after being shot by Ft. Worth police in an overnight incident in a residential area.

Two officers responded to a residential burglar alarm call shortly before 1 a.m. on Tuesday in the 400 block of Havenwood Lane North and came upon a man with a handgun.

In a statement, police say the officers feared for their safety and shot Jerry Waller, 72. Police have not said whether or not Waller pointed his gun at the officers.

Waller was pronounced dead at the scene, shot and killed in his own garage.

Neighbor Becky Haskin, an ex-Ft. Worth council member, says there was no burglar and that a friend accidentally tripped her house alarm.

"The neighbor across the street walked out with a gun doing what neighbors do - checking on each other," said Haskin.

The officers have been placed on administrative leave while the incident is being investigated.

fucking morons

Comment

According to them he refused to drop the gun.

I call bullshit. They killed him because they were punks, with badges!

And they don't deserve no stinkin' badges!

Seriously, Matt, Jimmy, wtf is going on over there guys?
      www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

I imagine he made a bad decision by either making a quick movement or raised his gun hand. Witnesses say they heard 5 gunshots one right after the other

Comment

I really feel bad for all parties involved. I know FTP, but until video comes out saying they murdered this guy in cold blood, they were going to a burglary in progress from what probably came out over the radio. I know that anytime burglar gets caught, I would rather see him not walking away.

Comment

I hear ya man, but seriously, if you're answering a burglary call, would you think the 72 year old guy clad only in pants looking in the bushes is the bad guy?

Personally, I would be looking for Trayvon, not the WWII white guy...
            www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ted View Post
              I really feel bad for all parties involved. I know FTP, but until video comes out saying they murdered this guy in cold blood, they were going to a burglary in progress from what probably came out over the radio. I know that anytime burglar gets caught, I would rather see him not walking away.
              The cops pulled up to the wrong house and the victim was in his rear entry garage that couldn't be seen from the street. They never went to the house that had the false alarm

Comment

Originally posted by mikec View Post
                I hear ya man, but seriously, if you're answering a burglary call, would you think the 72 year old guy clad only in pants looking in the bushes is the bad guy?

Not making excuses. Before you go through the hiring process, they make it known you will have to one day make a split second decision that could change everything. Unfortunately it sounds like that decision turned horrible.

Comment

Your dumb ass is showing. Man with gun, cops say drop the gun, don't point it at cops. It was dark, how do they know how old he is. I'm sure the cops feel terrible.

Comment

Jimmy hasn't responded...

It's dark, in the middle of the night. It says he was in his garage, but the lights may have been off. Need more evidence before I say FTP on this one. If he really did refuse to drop the gun, then I obviously see no problem.
                    Originally posted by BradM
                    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
                      The cops pulled up to the wrong house and the victim was in his rear entry garage that couldn't be seen from the street. They never went to the house that had the false alarm
                      It doesn't bring this man back , but hopefully there is video to either show they acted with the training they received or get the proper justice for murdering a man.

Comment

Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
                        I imagine he made a bad decision by either making a quick movement or raised his gun hand. Witnesses say they heard 5 gunshots one right after the other
                        sounds to me he made the decision to arm himself on his own property and got killed for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted View Post
                          It doesn't bring this man back , but hopefully there is video to either show they acted with the training they received or get the proper justice for murdering a man.
                          Oh don't worry, they would never get proper justice. Just a bunch of finger pointing and a half assed investigation. Then some paid time off. I'm sure it was all the old man's fault, it always is.
                          Originally posted by racrguy
                          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                          Originally posted by racrguy
                          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                            Your dumb ass is showing. Man with gun, cops say drop the gun, don't point it at cops. It was dark, how do they know how old he is. I'm sure the cops feel terrible.

How did he know it was the cops? Anyone can say "police, drop the gun".

Dumb asses go both ways, ex cop. Nice to see you blindly backing the badge though.
                            www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

And fwiw, my cousin is a sergeant on the local force, and his glock has a light on it. So does every other cop gun I've seen in recent history.
                              www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Working...
                              X