Foreclosed home purchase??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foreclosed home purchase??

So my neighbor walked out on his house a few months ago. How can I find out who has the lien, and find out how much it will be sold for? I'm wondering if I could catch up his payments and refi or something. Sorry I'm dumb and don't know the real estate lingo.

God bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

The best way is to call him and work it out with him prior to it being foreclosed on.

Comment

What county?
      Tarrant county, Dallas county Johnson county are on line(im sure others are too) and you can search property by location, owner name and such. This should lead you to the lien holder.

Doubt they (lien holder) will let you but you can surely ask. Id get the owner to let you "take over payments" and get it caught up. Just way easier.
      Rich

Comment

It's Denton county. I can call the guy that shit out on his house, and see what we can work out. Thanks for the info gents.

God bless
        It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by slow84lx View Post
          The best way is to call him and work it out with him prior to it being foreclosed on.
          Originally posted by TexasT View Post
          What county?
          Tarrant county, Dallas county Johnson county are on line(im sure others are too) and you can search prosperity by location, owner name and such. This should lead you to the lien holder.

Doubt they (lien holder) will let you but you can surely ask. Is get the owner to let you "take over payments" and get it caught up. Just way easier.
          I think Elvis is looking to pay less than the other guy owes, and assume the guy owes more than it's worth or he wouldn't be walking away from it. Taking over payments would likely cause him to pay more than the home is even worth.

Comment

see if the taxes are delinquent while you're at it then pay them. i know a few people who have tracked that down then paid the taxes and got the house for dirt cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
              I think Elvis is looking to pay less than the other guy owes, and assume the guy owes more than it's worth or he wouldn't be walking away from it. Taking over payments would likely cause him to pay more than the home is even worth.
              Elvis stated "How can I find out who has the lien, and find out how much it will be sold for?" When I read this I understood he may be willing to pay the lien amount.

If the guy has some equity but no cash for the mortgage and is walking away from the house he may be happy to have someone make his payments up and keep the house from being foreclosed on while the refinance takes place. This would keep a foreclosure off his credit report (he may have credit so bad at this point that he doesn't care). I would recommend having a very good purchase contract prior to making any payments up though.

I've known a few people to walk away from houses that had significant equity in them due to problems in their life that they were unsuccessful at dealing with.

Comment

Hmm,we could be neighbors???

Comment

Originally posted by slow84lx View Post
                  Elvis stated "How can I find out who has the lien, and find out how much it will be sold for?" When I read this I understood he may be willing to pay the lien amount.

If the guy has some equity but no cash for the mortgage and is walking away from the house he may be happy to have someone make his payments up and keep the house from being foreclosed on while the refinance takes place. This would keep a foreclosure off his credit report (he may have credit so bad at this point that he doesn't care). I would recommend having a very good purchase contract prior to making any payments up though.

I've known a few people to walk away from houses that had significant equity in them due to problems in their life that they were unsuccessful at dealing with.
                  Yeah, I read that blue part to mean, how to I find out the lender so that I can contact them and try to buy it. Elvis can't bring the payments up to date and refinance the house, because he doesn't own it. He would have to buy it.

Honestly, I think he's just trying to do everything he can to buy up all the homes on his street and move more of his family in so he can create a mini Houston. Two down and how many to go E?
                  Last edited by Chili; 03-20-2013, 08:59 PM.

Comment

ask real estate nate to look up loan originator i'm sure he'll do it for free.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                      Yeah, I read that blue part to mean, how to I find out the lender so that I can contact them and try to buy it. Elvis can't bring the payments up to date and refinance the house, because he doesn't own it. He would have to buy it.

Honestly, I think he's just trying to do everything he can to buy up all the homes on his street and move more of his family in so he can create a mini Houston. Two down and how many to go E?
                      That fool is trying to buy stuff up and tear it all down to put in his own trailer park, at least that's what he told me when I asked him if I could move in next door.

Comment

Aww yeah! Houstone up in the hizzie, watch out for dem foolz dey gotz da street on lock.
                        Originally posted by talisman
                        I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                        Originally posted by AdamLX
                        If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                        Because fuck you, that's why
                        Originally posted by 80coupe
                        nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                        Originally posted by Rick Modena
                        ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                        Originally posted by Jester
                        Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                          That fool is trying to buy stuff up and tear it all down to put in his own trailer park, at least that's what he told me when I asked him if I could move in next door.
                          Dang, didn't even think if that. Good call! He has to keep one house though, to store the action figures in.

Comment

Some good advice in here. Once the lender has the house, it is going to be a mess.
                            Originally posted by racrguy
                            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                            Originally posted by racrguy
                            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Elvis has white people credit. -3 street cred points.

Comment

Working...
                              X