Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ticket for passing stopped school buses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I noticed cameras on the side of a school bus a month or two ago. It was whatever district would be picking kids up on Alpha Rd around Montfort.

Comment

One of my customer's has been in dallas installing the camera system on the busses for over a year. They come on when the sign goes out, and records front and rear of the sign. Just like a red light camera, but video, and saves a data file when someone runs it.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by downshift_me View Post
        When did they start doing this? It's automated and just like the red light camera tickets except I've heard it's not cheap. Anyone have details?
        Just stay in the kitchen.... safer for us all. And beneficial; apparently I hear your soup is good.

Comment

Originally posted by aCid View Post
          x2

Hell theirs a story of one dumb black bitch that pulled shit and drove on the sidewalk to get around. The judge made her stand on the corner and wear something that I can't remember.
          there's.

Comment

Get breaking national and world news, broadcast video coverage, and exclusive interviews. Find the top news online at ABC news.

2009 Chevy Tahoe LTZ

2011 GMC Terrain SLT2

2010 Polaris Ranger RZR S Orange Madness

Ban count: 2

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
              They're going after the lights.
              It's panic fire. They can't see anything.
              Originally posted by Broncojohnny
              HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

saw one about a week ago

did they arrest that bitch on the spot?(sidewalk driver)

Comment

Not surprising, seems they are using cameras to enforce anything possible. Heck our city has cameras that record to an SD card on trash trucks. Luckily the city I live in doesn't do red light tickets, they use motorcycles which typically can't be outrun either.
                  "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
                    Heck our city has cameras that record to an SD card on trash trucks.
                    FTW does so as well, I got a stern warning when I threw in grass clippings into the giant trash bin they gave us with the new house.... didnt know it needed to be bagged.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
                      FTW does so as well, I got a stern warning when I threw in grass clippings into the giant trash bin they gave us with the new house.... didnt know it needed to be bagged.
                      I'm not even sure what the point of ours are and I work in the same shop as the people that work on them. Funny thing is the data is only good for x amount of days as the cards never get pulled unless something happens, like a crash or property damage even then it isn't common.
                      "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

I'm ok with it. Since I imagine the ticket requires a clear front and rear shot in the video of you passing it, I'll bet the tickets go to those who straight-up go around the bus after the arm is already fully extended and out. That's a ticket that I think should always be given.
                        Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                        I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                        Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                        Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                        dont downshift!!
                        Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
                          Just stay in the kitchen.... safer for us all. And beneficial; apparently I hear your soup is good.
                          It's not just the soup.

Comment

All (or soon will be all) dallas county schools buses have stop arm cameras. I know arlington has a good number of them too.

Comment

Originally posted by downshift_me View Post
                              It's not just the soup.
                              DO TELL....

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                                Crazy.. Not sure how I feel about that. I'm generally against that photo enforcement bullshit, but passing a school bus with lights flashing and all is just retarded. Would sure love to hear more info on it (fines, what cities, how it's administered).
                                I asked her how much and she said hers is $300, but was told they can go up to $1,000.

Comment

Working...
                                X