New chow for my bugout kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New chow for my bugout kit

I've been reading up on an Indian tribe that run 50 to 100 miles a day routinely and the only thing they take on these trips is a small pouch with something called Pinole. It is supposed to expand in your stomach and make you feel full with very little being needed and provide complex carbs to keep you moving all day.

Tonight, I dug out the supplies to make it and I'm fairly impressed. It takes like pumpkin pie crust. Basically take 1/2 cup of corn meal and toast it in a skillet. When it's toasted a nice brown, add a tsp of cinnamon, 1/2 tablespoon of brown sugar and 1/2 tablespoon of honey with enough hot water to make it a sticky batter. I poured it into a pan and stuck it in the oven for 15 minutes and I'm fairly impressed. It's a bit gritty, but the small bit I tried is very filling. Every site I read says you have to be careful with it because it'd be very easy to overeat on what seems like a small quantity. Pictures to follow soon.

Has anyone else ever tried it?
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

can you run 50-100 miles a day now?

Comment

NO but I do bike between 10 and 25 miles a day. I'm figuring if it'll fill me up after 1 spoonfull, it can be used as a meal replacement

Comment

what happens if you over eat it?

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
          what happens if you over eat it?
          Same thing as eating a package of PopRocks and chasing them down with soda...

Sent from my LGL45C using Tapatalk 2
          "We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Comment

From what I read, your stomach distends

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
              From what I read, your stomach distends
              interesting but it sounds like a fancier recipe as to hardtack biscuits. hardtack will swell you up eating it dry and acting like a sponge in your stomach

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                can you run 50-100 miles a day now?
                i lol'd

god bless.
                It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

I love hardtack. I make them every so often so I have something to munch on throughout the day.

Comment

yea my grampa was a big fan of hardtack. he liked to dunk it in his coffee

Comment

What no pics yet?
                      Originally posted by MR EDD
                      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

You'd do better with pemmican as a survival food. You need better nutrition in a buyout situation, and a big art of that need is vitamins and fat. If the focus is fill up fast, I suppose the hardtack method could work. If the focus is, meter your food or die, you should eat your self-proscribed rations, and ignore the hunger pangs. Your stomach will shrink up quick enough.
                        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Just in case I'm not the only one who wanted to see a damned picture of the crap.

Originally posted by MR EDD
                          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                            You'd do better with pemmican as a survival food. You need better nutrition in a buyout situation, and a big art of that need is vitamins and fat. If the focus is fill up fast, I suppose the hardtack method could work. If the focus is, meter your food or die, you should eat your self-proscribed rations, and ignore the hunger pangs. Your stomach will shrink up quick enough.
                            Wtf Yale?! Did you forget how to spell??
                            Originally posted by talisman
                            I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                            Originally posted by AdamLX
                            If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                            Because fuck you, that's why
                            Originally posted by 80coupe
                            nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                            Originally posted by Rick Modena
                            ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                            Originally posted by Jester
                            Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
                              Wtf Yale?! Did you forget how to spell??
                              It's the first sign of the apocalypse, dude.
                              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Working...
                              X