Cop kills dog while at wrong address

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave View Post
    It's hard to believe that a "meter reader" has more training than a police officer. Years ago, I used to enter people's properties unannounced on a daily basis and I never once had to harm even the most ferocious of canines. As a cop, If you're feeling threatened by a dog and feel your only option is to shoot it, you're unqualified for your position, period.
    x2

Comment

Originally posted by roliath View Post
      Regardless, you don't tell a man to get his dog only to shoot him seconds later.
      Put his hands up and get his dog. Brilliant. Yet another shoot first/apologize later incident.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
        Put his hands up and get his dog. Brilliant. Yet another shoot first/apologize later incident.
        Yeah its absolute horse shit.

Comment

It's hard to believe that a "meter reader" has more training than a police officer. Years ago, I used to enter people's properties unannounced on a daily basis and I never once had to harm even the most ferocious of canines. As a cop, If you're feeling threatened by a dog and feel your only option is to shoot it, you're unqualified for your position, period.
          Couldn't have said it better myself. I see we do have the usual cop excuses though. Now I'd like to open the floor to wild emotional outbursts about how being a cop is so tough and they "get bit all the time by dogs!". Please proceed.
          Originally posted by racrguy
          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Kill the cops dog

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
              Couldn't have said it better myself. I see we do have the usual cop excuses though. Now I'd like to open the floor to wild emotional outbursts about how being a cop is so tough and they "get bit all the time by dogs!". Please proceed.

I'm not giving excuses. Just simply saying why it happened.
              Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

I was also a meter reader for the city of Irving and all I had was a 3 foot long steel rod to open the meter covers that could be used defend myself, I never had to use it and I was in people yards ALL the time. This drives me crazy and the cop would have had to shoot me also because of fear for his life.
                Originally posted by Nash B.
                Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

I would be irate, the dog was just doing his job.

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris View Post
                    I'm not giving excuses. Just simply saying why it happened.
                    Except you didn't say why it happened. It happened because there is no recourse for shooting a dog. Anytime a cop feels threatened by a dog they can just fire away with little to no repercussions. While obviously not all of you guys are so trigger happy, the sorry fucks in your ranks have no problem doing it and then claiming they felt threatened.

Defend them all you want, I don't give a fuck. But I'll be damned if I'm going to sit here and listen to bullshit about the situation and not say a thing about it.
                    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

thats messed up...
                      04 GT
                      91 LX

Comment

He was just trying to get through his shift safely and go home at the end of the day.

Comment

^ not a pussy

Comment

Except you didn't say why it happened. It happened because there is no recourse for shooting a dog. Anytime a cop feels threatened by a dog they can just fire away with little to no repercussions. While obviously not all of you guys are so trigger happy, the sorry fucks in your ranks have no problem doing it and then claiming they felt threatened.

Defend them all you want, I don't give a fuck. But I'll be damned if I'm going to sit here and listen to bullshit about the situation and not say a thing about it.
                            rawr!!!!!!!!!!!!

god bless.
                            It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                              rawr!!!!!!!!!!!!

god bless.
                              like like!
                              How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

This is just a case of Karma catching up with the owner of the dog. Turns out this guy hit a pedicab back in 2009 and fled the scene.

Comment

Working...
                                X