No announcement yet.

Motivation /Tracking Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m about to head down to the basement and do the last session of a four week strength training class. My weight is hanging around 183lbs and I have discovered that I have ABS!! I’ve just got a bit more belly fat to get out of the way but my wife is loving the progress. Holy shit, I have a friggin’ chest instead of man boobs..

Best part. This week I tried on my old Army uniform. I haven’t been able to wear it for about 20 years. It FRIGGIN’ FITS!! I look great in a flight suit..

Comment

• I stalled over the past 3 weeks and was hoping to have cut the final 2-3 lbs by now. I also need to cut my sodium a little as I've got a constant water bloat. After that I should be able to see a little more abs.

Here's my most recent pic this season at 185 lbs (in the morning...closer to 190 by mid day) and 5'10.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Proud to say throughout the Wuhan crisis of bullshit I gained 20lbs and then lost ten. My gym was shut down for two months as well as working from home and feeding my face. Ten lbs heavier than prior updates, but I'm at that age where I know I won't be doing any turns on the catwalk, so fuck it. Functional fatty in effect.
        Last edited by SS Junk; 11-21-2022, 12:15 PM.

Comment

• Lookin good, slick

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
            Lookin good, slick
            Thanks. I do this for you, cupcake!

Comment

• Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
              Proud to say throughout the Wuhan crisis of bullshit I gained 20lbs and then lost ten. My gym was shut down for two months as well as working from home and feeding my face. Ten lbs heavier than prior updates, but I'm at that age where I know I won't be doing any turns on the catwalk, so fuck it. Functional fatty in effect.
              [img]piktar/img]
              Grats bubba!

Comment

• thanks!

Comment

• Well, I had decided when I hit 50 I was done lifting. After Covid hit, and me feeling a lot weaker, I am back in the gym. 24 hour is like 8-11p so I am currently hanging out at Planet Fitness. While they don't have that many free weights, it is enough that I am back close to where I was over a year ago. Still doing my cardio at the house but I hit PF once or twice a week just to lift. I do feel a lot better and it was funny after not going 6 months, picking up a 45 and thinking, man these are heavier then I remember. Everyone else hanging in there?
                  Whos your Daddy?

Comment

• I don't know any of you bastards well enough to post pictures of myself, but I weighed 246 pounds on 12/6/21. As of this morning (2/21/22), I'm 207 pounds. That's 39 pounds in around 10 weeks.

Zero exercise. I did the Optavia 5+1 program. I'm actually still doing it. I'm only a few pounds from my goal so I'll be transitioning off in the next couple of weeks. I'm 6'-3" and I figure around 205 pounds is good. Might go closer to 200 and see how I feel.

When I started, I was wearing snug 40" shorts/jeans. I bought a bunch of 36" shorts yesterday and they fit great. Not tight, not baggy. 38's were falling off of me.

Comment

• Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
                      I don't know any of you bastards well enough to post pictures of myself, but I weighed 246 pounds on 12/6/21. As of this morning (2/21/22), I'm 207 pounds. That's 39 pounds in around 10 weeks.

Zero exercise. I did the Optavia 5+1 program. I'm actually still doing it. I'm only a few pounds from my goal so I'll be transitioning off in the next couple of weeks. I'm 6'-3" and I figure around 205 pounds is good. Might go closer to 200 and see how I feel.

When I started, I was wearing snug 40" shorts/jeans. I bought a bunch of 36" shorts yesterday and they fit great. Not tight, not baggy. 38's were falling off of me.
                      Bad ass man! I'm not familiar with this program you're using, but shedding weight will always be good for you.

When covid hit, I was just north of 230# and am 6'1" wearing snug 38" waist britches. On 5/2020 I had a choice between bigger clothes or do something different, so I got a MTB and proceeded to go full Forrest Gump. From May to Oct, I put close to 8k miles on the bike and lost just over 60#. I could wear 28" waist pants, but my hips aren't that narrow any more, so loosish 32" it is.

Keep it up and add some kind of exercise to this journey, it's good for you, weren't not meant to be sedentary creatures.

Tx

Comment

• I started intermittent fasting 16/8, cut gluten, started riding my bike 3-4 times a week and had good results until the holidays, im getting my shit together again and looking to be back around 180. My testosterone doubled during the good times, my CRP levels were off the charts before and they are nearly in a normal range now. This chart is Mar 2021 until now.

Screen Shot 2022-02-22 at 10.01.56 AM.jpg
                        Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

• Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                          Bad ass man! I'm not familiar with this program you're using, but shedding weight will always be good for you.

When covid hit, I was just north of 230# and am 6'1" wearing snug 38" waist britches. On 5/2020 I had a choice between bigger clothes or do something different, so I got a MTB and proceeded to go full Forrest Gump. From May to Oct, I put close to 8k miles on the bike and lost just over 60#. I could wear 28" waist pants, but my hips aren't that narrow any more, so loosish 32" it is.

Keep it up and add some kind of exercise to this journey, it's good for you, weren't not meant to be sedentary creatures.

Tx
                          Nice work - losing 60 pounds is quite a feat. I am actually looking forward to getting back in the gym and also getting into a cardio routine. I hate bikes but we recently bought an Ergatta water rower and I need to make that part of my routine. Once I come off of this meal plan, I can't let myself put the weight back on.

Comment

• Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
                            Nice work - losing 60 pounds is quite a feat. I am actually looking forward to getting back in the gym and also getting into a cardio routine. I hate bikes but we recently bought an Ergatta water rower and I need to make that part of my routine. Once I come off of this meal plan, I can't let myself put the weight back on.
                            Ty sir, it's been a journey for sure and my motivation for continuing riding is I refuse to get fat again.

Comment

Working...
                            X