My new project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new project

I've been looking for a classic for like 15 years now. Finally have the time, space, money for one. 62 Bel Air, inline stovebolt 6, 3 on the tree. all original down to the Oil bath air cleaner. Plan on freshening her up and getting her on the road to cruise. 5-10 year plan, 409 big block and 4 spd.

Ran when parked, needed some mechanical TLC to make her purr:

-All 4 Brakes and anything associated, plugs (Champions), wires, new exhaust downpipe, 3 core aluminum radiator, water pump, thermostat, hoses, filters, fluids, that's it so far! Look forward to keeping it pretty original as it was. I love it.

*thumbs up*

Comment

Bad Ass!

Comment

Hell yeah!

Comment

Approved!
          Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Sweet ride man!
            Originally posted by stevo
            Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Congrats! I know you've been searching for a while. I'm glad you finally found something worth the time and effort. Enjoy the journey!

Comment

Thats a very nice find. And it's very original alright, even down to the Nickel Dealership sticker, that's awesome as hell.
                I wouldn't change a thing on the exterior for at least another decade if at all. Now under the hood, a mans gotta do what a man's gotta dEw!
                Originally posted by Silverback
                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                  Thats a very nice find. And it's very original alright, even down to the Nickel Dealership sticker, that's awesome as hell.
                  I wouldn't change a thing on the exterior for at least another decade if at all. Now under the hood, a mans gotta do what a man's gotta dEw!
                  The more I read about this motor the more I really appreciate its history and how bulletproof it is/was. I’ve also seen lots of info with people putting dual or triple carb setups and header and hotrodding it. It’s a very versatile little motor. I think I might do just that and in like 10 years or if I grenade it then put the 409 in at that time. There’s lots of videos of these hotrodded and they actually sound really mean. I’m a fan. It wasn’t my original intention either.

But yeah I’m not changing anything aesthetic about the car. I actually took the smoothie wheel covers off I think it looks better in the white steelies. Sans all the advertisers on the body, this is the simple look I like.

Comment

Yeah, it’ll give you 10 years to save for a 409 build cause those suckers aren’t cheap

Comment

Since you mentioned eventually switching the drivetrain and going 4 speed..I have a wide ratio Muncie M21, bellhousing, clutch and flexplate occupying my garage that I'd like to find a home for. It came out of my dads 56 Belair when he converted the SBC to an LS3/6spd auto. I know it is in good condition because I drove it prior to the swap and it shifted just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                        Since you mentioned eventually switching the drivetrain and going 4 speed..I have a wide ratio Muncie M21, bellhousing, clutch and flexplate occupying my garage that I'd like to find a home for. It came out of my dads 56 Belair when he converted the SBC to an LS3/6spd auto. I know it is in good condition because I drove it prior to the swap and it shifted just fine.
                        How much? I'm a ways away from doing this swap, but if it's a good price I'm listening.

Comment

Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
                          Yeah, it’ll give you 10 years to save for a 409 build cause those suckers aren’t cheap
                          Yeah no shit. Like 3x what I paid for the car. lol

Comment

Holy shit! You guys were not kidding, I just looked up a 409/409HP Dual Carb rebuilt engine and it was $19K and another for $16K, fuuuuck!

I'm all for making power and year specific engines, but fuck that! Even if I had an unlimited bank account, that would be hard to swallow. I would think that a late model LSX 427 with A/C would be more my speed, better MPG's, less weight and more powa.

Edit, never mind, I'm in luv...

Bid for the chance to own a 1962 Chevrolet Bel Air Sport Coupe 409 4-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #34,656.
                            Last edited by Rick Modena; 11-15-2022, 09:24 PM.
                            Originally posted by Silverback
                            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

lol I'm willing to spend it when the time is right. IF I wasn't though I'd still put a period correct motor in it if not the 409. 327 probably.

Comment

Working...
                              X