• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
    Kick ass, I enjoyed watching the video.

My shitbox has been sitting since 2015
    the buick, or another shit box?

Comment

Sent some time in the wiring harness Sunday. I mean man what a mess! this truck has been turbo'd since the late 80's and patched and bandaided by at least 5 different people, and it shows! I pulled yards of old unused wire out of the truck, it went from a rat's nest under the hood and behind the dash, to what you see now. I also fixed the floppy sun visors, moved some gauges, installed a radio that looks period correct, and ditched the nasty old headliner.
      Next up is suspension. I need to replace the rear springs, and all 4 shocks. The back is sagging a bit and I don't like it being lower than the front. I also want to ditch the giant traction bars and replace them with caltrax or something a bit more modern and functional. That all still needing to be done, I am still just giddy and nestagic every time I drive this thing.

Comment

I’m glad to see something old school being driven. You 100% should take this to Radwood!

Also I am curious about Caltrax for my OBS. Update if you do it!

Comment

Well I did two things yesterday, I put my drag radials back on, and washed it. Next on the list is rear suspension.

Comment

the clean up continues, but then some new parts found their way onto the truck. Ended up with a Nitrous Express Proton wet kit off a buddies car. It's currently pilled at 75hp, but I'm likely going to order 50hp jets to play it safe. I'm missing a fitting and I still have to wire up the relays and mount switches. Quick question, should I do a button or a wide open throttle switch? I'm thinking a Wheel mounted button would give me a bit more control, and to be honest might be more fun. thoughts? Also I'm going to move the nozzle before I use it, I just already had a hole there and went with it. Also Also... I've got all new intercooler piping, turbo and header waiting in the wings. The underhood rehab is going to be rad. new valve cover, oil vapor catch can, new wiring harness, and I'm going to tuck as much of the wiring as I can. I want it to be as clean as possible so when you open the hood you're caught off guard compared the rest of the truck.

I'm not 100% happy with the solenoid placement. I want it to be seen but not cluttered.

I've debated hiding the bottle, but I've kinda given up the sleeper look, and am more into the retro street truck look, paying homage to all of my favorite things on a hotrod.

I'm passively looking for a passenger fender liner, the new valve cover is blue and black, the alternator is going to get painted blue, and all the new IC piping will be blue. The oil catch can will be mounted on the firewall in the passenger corner. firewall will be satin black, along with all the accessory brackets. The turbo going on it is larger, and moved forward up and an inch further away from the engine. I think it's going to look pretty rad.

Comment

I have NX 50 hp jets. Holler and they are yours.

Comment

More upgrades to an already bad ass Ranger, I love it man!
                Originally posted by stevo
                Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                  More upgrades to an already bad ass Ranger, I love it man!
                  thanks, I've really fallen back in love with it lately. Tomorrow night (if it doesn't rain) I'm loading the rallycar on the tow dolly and talking the ranger and rallycar to a local car meet. lol should make for some fun conversations.

Comment

so this post was supposed to be a look how good things are going post, I had been working so hard to make it nicer. be more comfortable, and to make it run better. I recently replaced all the silicone couplers and elbows on the intercooler piping, replaced the undersized piece of exhaust pipe I'd been using from the turbo to the intercooler, and had been working to just clean everything up. things really really looking up.

Then Saturday happened. My kid left for her first prom, and the wife and I decided to go for a drive in the truck to cheer ourselves up. First pull went perfect, truck was really feeling good. next pull was a different story. it started out strong, the second to third shift was smooth and crisp, I got back into the throttle but right after the truck "hiccupped" and I let off. but it was to late before i even pushed the clutch in cyl 1 piston left the chat. best I can tell, the rod end broke and the rod went rouge and started deleting the engine block and oil pan. smoke steam oil and coolant went everywhere. I got it safely stopped and we jumped out of the truck, popped the hood with fire extinguisher in hand, but there was at least no fire.
                    long and short of it is it's time to start over again. I've got the other motor ready to rebuild, but am trying to decide if I'm going to stay 2.3 or not. I've been crunching numbers on going barra, but I'm pretty tight on space front to back. thought about going coyote a while back but I've heard the front suspension would have to be completely changed. All and all I'm still trying to decide what to do. But I'm not giving up.

now for the really ugly stuff.

lastly just to cheer myself up, this was the kids idea for a prom dress pic.

Comment

Ded

Comment

Ded

Comment

Originally posted by VaderTT View Post
                          [IMG]

did you atleast honk as you drove by? lol I was wondering how you knew I needed an engine.

Comment

lol @ your Daughters prom pic.

Man, if I were you, I'd start with the same type of block, but you have to beef it up.
                            I'm curious if a 2.3l from a '15 and up EB will work? Thats what I would do and a decent tune too.

ps And you never know when a fellow DFWstanger is going to swing by, snap a pic...and not help, haha...
                            Originally posted by Silverback
                            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I was smoking a huge blunt when I passed. When I came back with a tow strap, they were gone
                              Ded

Comment

Originally posted by VaderTT View Post
                                I was smoking a huge blunt when I passed. When I came back with a tow strap, they were gone
                                I really could have used a pull off that blunt at that moment. lol the police showed up and helped block traffic and push it out of the way, then my buddy showed up and we went and got my tow dolly. truck is home and waiting for me to decide what to do. right now I'm looking at pistons and rods for my other engine.

Comment

Working...
                                X