Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2023 Lawn Thread

Maybe this one will get some traction.

My front yard is mess of about 75% blue stem. I plan roundup, scalp as low as possible, hopefully do a little sand leveling and re-seed with common Bermuda.

My back yard isn't in bad shape. Need to keep with fertilizer schedule and get the Bermuda to thicken up some more on the far side. The big issue is it needs to be leveled bad. Not really looking forward to that.

Got pre emergent down about 2 weeks ago. Excited to actually have a gas reel this year vs the manual. '65 Cooper Klipper. Starting on a front roller for it this weekend.

August of last year

Justin

i fucking hate mowing! that is all

Comment

I don't mind mowing, I actually kinda like it. I do however hate edging/weed-eating. My lawn also really needs to be leveled but I doubt I'll get around to it. I'm still using Tru-Green for the weeds and fertilizer so I don't expect to have a weed issue.

That Reel mower looks awesome man, nice job!
      Originally posted by stevo
      Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

What are you guys using to treat weeds in the spring after they germinated? Poa annua in Bermuda
        "PSH!!!"

Comment

I need to rent a spray boom to take care of my weeds but the time has passed when I should have done it. Now I have fields of creeping Charlie. >

Comment

Awesome job on that old timey Cooper Lawnmower, it came out great.
            Originally posted by Silverback
            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
              What are you guys using to treat weeds in the spring after they germinated? Poa annua in Bermuda
              I've had good luck spot spraying with Image. Crabgrass might take a few applications but it killed the poa annua and other broadleaf stuff quick. Seems like the only thing than kills Bermuda is roundup and shade.
              Justin

Comment

Msma is the only answer

Comment

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
                  Msma is the only answer
                  For poa?
                  "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                    For poa?
                    Especially for that. We do need warmer temps for it to really work.

Comment

Originally posted by the spindoctor View Post
                      I've had good luck spot spraying with Image. Crabgrass might take a few applications but it killed the poa annua and other broadleaf stuff quick. Seems like the only thing than kills Bermuda is roundup and shade.
                      Crab grass I had overtook a nice size section of the yard. No matter how many times I sprayed. It kept spreading everything I mow. So, one year I decided to spray and cover it with leaves as it was getting close to springs ( I wait till bout February to pick up leaves). Than I sprayed again. I don't remember maybe after 2 weeks I raked the leaves and since then the crab grass has not grown back.
                      I was more worried about it growing into the neighbors yard. Even though I don't live there( across thr street now) I still don't see crab grass.

Comment

We've been struggling to get the sprinklers set so there aren't brown spots and our well pump keeps eating itself. Then there are moles... I mowed 2 days before these pics, the grass is so dense I have to mow every 3-4 days, otherwise the clippings are to great and only lay on the top of the lawn. https://photos.app.goo.gl/2nFN1kQbhWbBsqDS9

Comment

PXL_20230902_215437502.jpg
                          Just getting the grass lookin fresh. our well pump has been flaky, so it wasn't lookin very good early on this season.

Comment

Aaaaaand I need to mow again already. :facepalm:

Comment

Haha jokes on you, I haven’t had to mow in months.

Comment

Working...
                              X