Off road meet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off road meet!

Anyone up for a meet up at Bridgeport or another local park? I want to check out the park in Gilmer as well.

I like to see how far a super crew can keep up with the jeeps and other crawlers.

I don’t really know anyone that’s into the hobby. It’s always better to go out with someone in my opinion.

I need some rock sliders

just came back from Gilmer this past weekend. A super crew truck will be a challenging task as some of the trailers are tight. Most of the 1s and 2s will be no problem there.

Definately rock sliders!
    Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

I'll be back in Texas after next weekend (Feb 24), and when I'm there I stay about 7 miles from the OHV park in Bridgeport. My truck is down there right now, so I'll absolutely be ready to do some wheeling. I'm in a crew cab Super Duty, so super tight trails aren't my bag, but other than that, I plan to hit as much challenging stuff as possible with some other rigs and maybe an experienced spotter. I've never been to any of the other parks in Texas, but I'm down to go.

Comment

I’m good with Gilmer or Bridgeport. The owner did some updating to the trails at Tex Plex this past week I believe. It’s not the best but it’s what you make of it. I’ve never been to the park in Grand Prairie.

Comment

I need to reach out the the guys that were recommended on the rock slider thread. For the F-150, I’ve only found white knuckle rock sliders but they’re 6 weeks out. I wonder if I can get some fabbed locally in that time.

Does anyone have recovery gear outside of tow straps and shovels? I have a bunch of stuff I want but I’m focused on the rock sliders first.

I have the rough country hidden winch mount and tried to mount the badlands 12k winch everyone jizzes over but it didn’t line up.

Comment

Originally posted by cad424 View Post
            I need to reach out the the guys that were recommended on the rock slider thread. For the F-150, I’ve only found white knuckle rock sliders but they’re 6 weeks out. I wonder if I can get some fabbed locally in that time.

Does anyone have recovery gear outside of tow straps and shovels? I have a bunch of stuff I want but I’m focused on the rock sliders first.

I have the rough country hidden winch mount and tried to mount the badlands 12k winch everyone jizzes over but it didn’t line up.
            I have recovery gear and some tools with me at all times, including snatch blocks, straps, shackles, etc. I also have a 16.5k winch.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
              I have recovery gear and some tools with me at all times, including snatch blocks, straps, shackles, etc. I also have a 16.5k winch.
              Noice! I have e a couple things to add to my truck. I have some new coil overs and struts I need to put on. I’m waiting until I decide on some upper control arms before I jump in. I’m hoping to get about a 3 inch lift overall but may add a leaf in the rear to bring back a bit of rake.

I have access to NAS JRB so I’ll be able to use their lift and air tools.

There’s a badge of honor trail in Palo Duro that I believe is rather mild and guided tours are offered on Saturday’s at 10:00.

I’m flexible and am willing to meet anywhere within two hours with limited notice.
              Last edited by cad424; 04-14-2022, 07:18 AM.

Comment

Picked up a set of Raptor takeoffs. I was wanting to get some Pro Comp 69’s to slap some mud terrains on but these popped up.

Heading to the shop on JRB this morning to add my Coilovers and to mount some tires.

All local shops are booked until Fall so I’ll need to order rock sliders from White Knuckle if someone can’t get me in before Autumn.

Comment

Not this weekend but next (May 7-8) might be good for me. Can't commit 100% just yet.

Comment

Hell, I’ve been lolligagging myself. I still haven’t gotten my duratracs mounted and haven’t put my new suspension on.

Anyone going to the off road convention next weekend?

I can’t wait for the overland dad to fade away so I can get some gear at a discount.

Everywhere I look there’s a Tacoma with a roof rack and at least 10k worth of pristine equipment on top.

Comment

Working...
                    X