Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any legal way to stop power tool use after 10pm at apartment/condos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any legal way to stop power tool use after 10pm at apartment/condos?

At my building the management is doing some updates this week, no notice, no nothing, went to step out of my door to see what's going on Monday night and it's got plastic taped over it.

Lastnight they didn't START inside untio 8:30pm.

Dudes running saws and drills until I finally fell asleep at 11:30pm - woke me up again before 6 am. I don't know if they were starting that early or worked through the night or what.

This is ridiculous and I need some sleep. Can't handle this every night of the week.

It's Dallas, so, is there another option besides 911? I tried the non-emergency number and the lady got an attitude from the get-go. I'm asking her about the legalities of running power tools after 11pm in apartments and she's being a bitch and asking the same questions I'm asking back to me. Yes, really.

So is there a code enforcement option or is it just 911?
    US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Have you tried hitting them?

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
      Have you tried hitting them?
      With a hammer?
      Originally posted by talisman
      I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
      Originally posted by AdamLX
      If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
      Because fuck you, that's why
      Originally posted by 80coupe
      nice dick, Idrivea4banger
      Originally posted by Rick Modena
      ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
      Originally posted by Jester
      Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Complained to Management yet?

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
          Complained to Management yet?
          Haven't returned my calls.
          US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

Originally posted by Hobie View Post
            Haven't returned my calls.

Time to go pay the Office a visit.

Comment

(h) The erection, including excavation, demolition, alteration, or repair of any building in or adjacent to a residential area other than between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. on weekdays, except in the case of urgent necessity in the interest of public safety, for which a permit must be obtained from the director of public works and transportation of the city.

If they got permit your screwed. If they didn't call the director and reveal the fact to management.

Comment

Call back to the non-emergency # and explain that if an officer is not present within 15 minutes then they should send an ambulance to pickup the guy with the drill shoved up his ass.

Comment

There's no Texas law, as far as I know, but local ordinances likely address this. Depends on where you live. Look up the ordinances in your area and report it as necessary.

For example, in Dallas:

SEC. 30-1. NOISES INTERFERING WITH ENJOYMENT OF PROPERTY OR PUBLIC PEACE AND COMFORT.

No person shall make or cause to be made any loud and raucous noise in the city which is offensive to the ordinary sensibilities of the inhabitants of the city, which noise renders the enjoyment of life or property uncomfortable or interferes with public peace and comfort. (Ord. 13744)

SEC. 30-2. SAME - ENUMERATED.

The following acts, among others, are declared to create loud and raucous noises, and shall be deemed a violation of this chapter, but such enumeration shall not be deemed to be exclusive:

...(h) The erection, including excavation, demolition, alteration, or repair of any building in or adjacent to a residential area other than between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. on weekdays, except in the case of urgent necessity in the interest of public safety, for which a permit must be obtained from the director of public works and transportation of the city.
                  Last edited by Chili; 03-12-2014, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 03mustangdude View Post
                    (h) The erection, including excavation, demolition, alteration, or repair of any building in or adjacent to a residential area other than between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. on weekdays, except in the case of urgent necessity in the interest of public safety, for which a permit must be obtained from the director of public works and transportation of the city.

If they got permit your screwed. If they didn't call the director and reveal the fact to management.
                    Just saw this. lol.

Keep in mind, the permit excuse is still only valid except in cases of "urgent necessity in the interest of public safety". At least that is how I read it.

So it's not just the fact that they have a permit, but that they have a permit specifically for "urgent necessity".

Comment

This happened to me before. I just went and pulled the meter to the unit; no power = no power tools or lights.
                      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                        Just saw this. lol.

Keep in mind, the permit excuse is still only valid except in cases of "urgent necessity in the interest of public safety". At least that is how I read it.

So it's not just the fact that they have a permit, but that they have a permit specifically for "urgent necessity".
                        still vague, could be they are doing sidewalk work so noone trips.
                        They could change out a light bulb and had to cut some wood to make sure people are safe in the dark

Comment

Just go buy a set of earplugs at Walgreens and take some z quils with a few beers.

Comment

Working...
                          X