Northstar for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northstar for sale

Looks like Northstar Dragway is for sale again. Been for a few months I guess.

Hope it sells to someone who plans on keeping it a track.

The scary thing is that city is getting closer and closer.

Comment

I didnt even know it was struggling.

This is why street racing is seeing a huge resurgance because all the tracks are unprofitable and being pushed out of population centers

Comment

Apparently the junk yard next door is also for sale. Maybe they will come down on the prices for what's left.

Comment

Price is retarded, it gives you an idea of what kind of cash return the place makes. I'd love to see what they report on their taxes.

That land is pretty worthless because of the lack of access, the huge hill that you have to go up and down to get to it and the railroad tracks right beside it. It could be made into something but it won't be done anytime soon.
          Originally posted by racrguy
          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
          Originally posted by racrguy
          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
            The scary thing is that city is getting closer and closer.
            True

Suburban creep will kill this track.
            Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

The Kart track was offered to be bought out last year along with the drag strip and wrecking yard by an insurance company for looking a place to store cars for an insurance holding yard as in Grand Prairie off of Main/Jefferson. We told them 7 or 8 million as we would have to build a completely new track, somewhere. Land is not cheap off an interstate. We would lose a full season of racing.

We also had to file an injunction against Gene for lack of stopping the cars at the end of the strip from coming onto the Kart track. We won. That's the only reason he did any safety work on the drag strip. We also have the right of way between the drag strip and wrecking yard. We have put a "better" dirt road up to the Kart track witch we paid for 100%, no thanks to Gene and his bitching about the dust. He owns a water truck and could have wet the road down when it got too dusty for his liking. He still has not repaired our fences that were torn up as several cars came through the end of the drag strip. The state blocked the sale of the property as there is some law against the intersection of the railroad, interstate highway and a state highway and a storage area as the insurance company wanted. For now, could be changed in the future.

We don't want any anyone to stop racing anything, but we want it to be a lot safer than what we have had in the past. Gene is just looking for a quick buck and not having to do anything for it. The wrecking yard wants to get out of the creek area and get more storage. Maybe Gene is not getting the racers at his track as the one in Ferris is a lot nicer.

The property behind the Kart track, now full of cows, was bought out several years ago by a Chinese investment group and is being leased back to the farmer for now, as we wanted to buy it to make a true road course but we didn't have the money for the 40 / 60 acres that was required to buy. ( all or none deal) I'm sure they are wanting to build houses there now or soon.

Urban creep won't stop, but maybe, if we all stuck together we could hold out a little longer. I won't even mention the sheriffs' gun range on the top of the hill.

Comment

Originally posted by Kart21 View Post
                Urban creep won't stop, but maybe, if we all stuck together we could hold out a little longer. I won't even mention the sheriffs' gun range on the top of the hill.
                That whole thread was depressing as hell. I mean that yard is over priced as hell, and I haven't been on that race track in years, and to be honest... I've never been to the carting track. But hell before to long there's going to be nothing at all except houses and big box grocery stores in this country.

Comment

how much is it?

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                    how much is it?
                    5.9 million.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                      5.9 million.
                      geesh! not worth it

Comment

So what tracks are left

NorthStar Denton
                        Xtreme Ferris
                        Yellowstabinbelly Grand Prairie

Anything else?
                        Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

Originally posted by Murph Tang View Post
                          So what tracks are left

NorthStar Denton
                          Xtreme Ferris

Anything else?
                          TX Motorplex in Ennis and Mexico.

Although Mexico keeps moving further and further away, and their hours are not convenient.

Comment

Originally posted by Murph Tang View Post
                            So what tracks are left

NorthStar Denton
                            Xtreme Ferris

Anything else?
                            Texas motorplex and Cedar Creek.

Comment

abilene raceway .

Comment

Working...