Is it ok to buy Bud Light now ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
    that got the job for anything other than their ability to do the job.
    Trust me - the way it's approached in more and more places this does not matter. Checking boxes matters.
    Originally posted by MR EDD
    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
      Checking boxes matters.
      This sums up the Biden administration in 3 words..From Willy's whore to the flaming nut job stealing luggage that was in charge of nuclear shit.. We're so fucked.

Comment

I really cut down on beer years ago and mostly drink whiskey these days. But did pick up a 12 pack of bud light last weekend for a cookout with a bunch of other rednecks. Nobody cares around these parts.
        Every major company tries to cater to most crowds. Media likes to exaggerate shit to be divisive and get ratings for their advertiser. And I don't think someone's beer choice is going to be the tipping point into them transitioning. I can't think of anyone whose beer choice is their main personality trait(other than Duffman).

Also, I'm sure while everyone was riled up about someone getting their face on a shitty beer can, there was a few hundred things that should have gotten media attention but were skipped over.

Comment

I don?t have a dog in the bud light fight.. I?m a big believer in ?you do you and leave me alone?

I will say the trans thing is being normalized quickly.. the dude at the Wendy?s drive through today had salon girly long painted nails yesterday.. I don?t really have an opinion on it but times are a changin!
          "PSH!!!"

Comment

It?s one thing to have bad judgement. It?s another to prove it by drinking bad beer. And then drinking bad beer brought to you by people that hate our country and way of life is even lower.

Comment

Welp, I guess they're findin out...

Comment

You guys sound like my grandparents when blacks/multi race couples started to be in commercials more often.

"I don't have anything against them, I really dont... ! I just don't know why I have to see it!"

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                  You guys sound like my grandparents when blacks/multi race couples started to be in commercials more often.

"I don't have anything against them, I really dont... ! I just don't know why I have to see it!"
                  I get that it feels that way, but there's a massive difference between judging someone on the color of their skin vs. essentially being forced to play pretend with them. Skin color isn't a choice, and thus we shouldn't judge on it.

As for LGBT whatever else they want to add to the end of that... I have no problem with it as long as you don't accost me for using the wrong pronouns when I don't know you and you clearly look like a man or a woman. And if you have a dick, you're a dude... plain and simple.
                  Originally posted by stevo
                  Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                    I get that it feels that way, but there's a massive difference between judging someone on the color of their skin vs. essentially being forced to play pretend with them. Skin color isn't a choice, and thus we shouldn't judge on it.

As for LGBT whatever else they want to add to the end of that... I have no problem with it as long as you don't accost me for using the wrong pronouns when I don't know you and you clearly look like a man or a woman. And if you have a dick, you're a dude... plain and simple.
                    Si

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post

I can agree with most of that. Maybe these folks don't have a choice in how they feel. I do have a problem with how far I'm expected to participate with their feelings. I still use sir and ma'am based on appearance, however, I don't give a shit if X company wants to set aside something to honor their feelings. Have you ever been accosted for using the wrong pronouns?
                      Last edited by Craizie; 05-26-2023, 10:15 PM.

Comment

I can agree with most of that. Maybe these folks don't have a choice in how they feel. I do have a problem with how far I'm expected to participate with their feelings. I still use sir and ma'am based on appearance, however, I don't give a shit if X company wants to set aside something to honor their feelings. Have you ever been accosted for using the wrong pronouns?
                        Yes, by a family member no less. I too use Sir and Ma'am all the time and have raised my kids this way as well. You might also be right in that they might not have a choice in how they feel... but how they feel should not and does not affect how I act. Facts don't care about feelings.

IDGAF which gender you're attracted to (over the age of like 17-18 anyway) but I do wonder WHY are these corporations even dipping a toe into these waters? The money isn't there and if you take a side you WILL screw yourself. Just ignore it and let people say/think what they want.
                        Originally posted by stevo
                        Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

These companies do it because a Larry Fink at blackrock loves this stuff. They love it so much they give each company an ESG score based on this junk. Companies love ratings and Larry has a lot of money. A lot of big investing firms are behind this BS, and so is one political party.

Comment

That's a man, baby.
                            I'd still hit it!

Oh and I guess AB InBev is finding out not to stick it's nose where it doesn't belong...
                            Originally posted by Silverback
                            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                              These companies do it because a Larry Fink at blackrock loves this stuff. They love it so much they give each company an ESG score based on this junk. Companies love ratings and Larry has a lot of money. A lot of big investing firms are behind this BS, and so is one political party.
                              Yeah - gets really complicated, but basically this sums up it.
                              Originally posted by MR EDD
                              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                                Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                                Yeah - gets really complicated, but basically this sums up it.

Comment

Working...
                                X