Quitting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The King View Post
    Now that Moderna has been granted EUA for their half-dose booster, should I refer to this thread in making my decision whether or not to pursue getting it? Worthy of consideration in my opinion across the spectrum both in and outside of it are:

(a) Dr. Dave, easily the most qualified poster in this thread and most deserving of respect;
    (b) AnthonyS, who seemingly has good intentions but comes off as a bit of prick;
    (c) My PCP, with whom I have been a patient for 25 years.

I’m leaning toward joining the sheep in line to get it, without needing to deal with any sort of employer mandate. Reason is, I’m looking at 2+ months of outpatient PT in the very near future where a fairly crowded indoor environment makes exposure to COVID somewhat more likely.
    I deliberately kissed my neighbor on the mouth when I found out she had covid. That's how I caught it last December. That's the thing about a pandemic, you either get it and die, get it and get over it, or someone comes up with a vaccine against it. There's no other options. I chose to get it when it was convenient for me to do so.

Covid-19 will be with us as long as humanity is still alive. The Asiatic flu of 1889-1890 is strongly believed to have been caused by a covid virus. It went around the world in 4 months and killed a million and a half people when the world's population was 1.5 billion. That same virus pops up every fall.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

• Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
      I deliberately kissed my neighbor on the mouth when I found out she had covid. That's how I caught it last December..

You always impress my good sir!
      "PSH!!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Stephen View Post
        You always impress my good sir!
        I do my best to put my money where my mouth is. When I said I wasn't worried about catching covid I meant it. It is just a culling and was dearly needed. I just wish it would run through the homeless population and all the wet backs. If I could spread it I would.
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

• Originally posted by scootro View Post
          A lot of friends and family members bitched about having to get a third vaccine booster. I know if our government ever mentions a fourth vaccine booster as a requirement then shit's going to hit the fan! A lot of people are going to buck up over that
          Originally posted by The King View Post
          @slow84lx who exactly is “mandating” another booster, and who are these sheep you claim are bitching and moaning? The only bitching and moaning seems to be coming from some of those opposed to COVID vaccination policies in the workplace, and as I opined above those individuals have the absolute right to do so as well as terminate their employment if they so choose. Clarify please.
          My comment was directed toward the "Sheeple" that just go stand in line for a jab (x3) just because Sleepy Joe and the CDC said to go do it. If anyone gets this shot it should be because they want to do so. They shouldn't bitch & moan about it. Either do it or don't but have your mind made up that it is because you made the decision that it is what you want for yourself, not just go along with a crowd because other people are doing it.

The shit ain't going to hit any fan if another booster is mandated, those people are just going to go do what Daddy Joe & Fauci says,......and, they'll just keep on bitching & moaning about the necessity of it the whole time. They're just going to keep doing what they are told.

Comment

• Agreed. We worked in non-medical roles at the Fair Park mega vaccination site when it first opened and later at the Grand Prairie site in the first quarter of 2021, and the clear majority of those who came for vaccination were very appreciative. The sheeple analogy is pretty accurate though, first as walk through sites and later as all drive through lanes. I’ve never seen that many old people (75+) in one place as there were the first two weeks at Fair Park. Regarding a booster dose I’m going to go with the recommendation of my PCP, Moderna just got approved for that and I am going to stay with that rather than mix and match.

Comment

• I'm not vaccinated but did have a strong case of "the Rona" in July. Having always had a good immune system there should be some strong antibodies running thru my veins for some time to come. This should be better defense for future infection than any vaccine or booster.

It just so happens that my brother is an Orthopedic doc and the wife is an RN that has specialized in TB treatment for the last 7 years. Both got vaccinated as required for their jobs. It made my brother very, very sick. Both have done a lot of research on the virus and the vaccines and had many discussions with their peers. The wife is a believer, my brother says don't do it unless you have to. My job doesn't currently require the jab but I don't plan to quit if that changes. I'll hold out until the end and then exercise my decision to keep the job on my own,...or not. My job requires lots of travel and visits to customer's sites. The decision for me will come down to if it is just less hassle to be vaccinated for easier access to some of those customer visits that require it to enter their building. I can put off any trips to Canada indefinitely but will need to go there eventually.

Despite the shutdowns over the past year and a half I've still taken over 100 flights. I ain't 'skeered of the virus! But the mandates, and more of my customers now requiring proof of VX status, it's going to get more difficult to take care of business without this proof of VX. This whole media & political tactic of inducing fear into the general public to drive the sheep to the vaccination line sucks because they aren't using common sense to arrive at their decisions.
              Last edited by slow84lx; 10-21-2021, 08:52 PM.

Comment

• Interesting that your brother is an orthopedic doctor, the last doctor I saw was was my orthopedic surgeon for the second of two total knee replacements < 2weeks ago. I figured since they had reopened for elective surgeries this year I’d better get it done in case of another shutdown. I was a little surprised they were able to do this second one given the surge in hospitalizations this summer in DFW. No coronavirus patients are treated at the orthopedic hospital I was at but the personnel there were always subject to being shifted to the main THR hospitals in Fort Worth as needed. I’m always interested in hearing the opinions regarding vaccinations of those serving in the medical field. To be honest we might not have gotten the vaccine right away had we not been working at the vaccination sites in January through March. One of the policies in doing so is that the people working those receive whatever is being dispensed themselves. We never had any symptoms throughout 2020 or 2021, had several PCR tests but they were all negative. The last time we traveled was in March 2020 to Fredericksburg, coincidentally at the start of the great TP hoarding. I still remember seeing the shelves there picked clean for the first time, lol. My wife has traveled to Austin once since this Summer for a funeral, and flew to Michigan at the end of September for a family visit. One of her cousins had a strong case of COVID late last December and died from previously undetected heart issues in August. It’s suspected the heart issues were COVID related but it’s not been definitely proven. This proof of vaccination status being touted is BS, specifically the CDC cards. Those things could be rather easily faked in my experience and should hardly be considered proof of anything. Stay safe in your work travels and customer visits man, I agree that natural immunity > vaccination.

Comment

• I had a very nasty heart attack this past Feb that was caused by a Covid induced blood clot. I was asymptomatic. The Covid has fucked my blood up to where I'm now taking 2 blood thinners to prevent clotting. At the time, I asked my Dr's what might be the best way to possibly prevent a future Covid infection. They confirmed that I had a good antibody count, and that I probably had decent protection for around 6 weeks . Monthly blood testing would give them an idea how long it would last, so we postponed the jab. So far, the antibody count has slowly increased ( September Blood Tests) . At the last Office visit, I asked about the newer info coming out about the reactions to the jab and his opinion. Due to a lack of data, he was hesitant, but did say some were thinking that the reactions might be with people who got the jab, and already had Covid antibodies, but again, the lack of good research data makes it a difficult one to make a firm statement on. As to the jab, he didn't push me towards it, and said as long as the antibodies were there, I should be ok. Knowing my luck, I'll take my chances and not get the jab!
                  Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

• That’s what I would likely do myself if I had already had a confirmed case of COVID, asymptomatic or symptomatic. The only time I had an antibody test, coincident with a PCR test, was last February about 2-3 weeks after receiving the Moderna first dose and both were negative

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
                      That’s what I would likely do myself if I had already had a confirmed case of COVID, asymptomatic or symptomatic. The only time I had an antibody test, coincident with a PCR test, was last February about 2-3 weeks after receiving the Moderna first dose and both were negative

I would recommend getting another blood test just to see if you have any antibodies present.

Comment

• I might very well do that. There’s a CVS MinuteClinic near where we live that offers those. It’s now been a little over 8 months since getting the Moderna vaccine 2nd dose.

Comment

• They are running some kind of deal to get tested for free and then go back and get tested again. I registered a .4 antibodies and .8 would have been absolute positive. When I had the weird sweats two years ago I think I had it, and now the anti bodies have just trimmed back.
                          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

• Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                            They are running some kind of deal to get tested for free and then go back and get tested again. I registered a .4 antibodies and .8 would have been absolute positive. When I had the weird sweats two years ago I think I had it, and now the anti bodies have just trimmed back.
                            you'll get a few false positives too

Comment

Thats why you do the blood test.

Comment

Originally posted by 68RR View Post
                                Thats why you do the blood test.
                                If I wasn't clear, it was a blood test.
                                Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Working...
                                X