Season Tickets - NBA v NFL v NHL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Season Tickets - NBA v NFL v NHL

My business is starting to pick up to the point that I'm tossing around the idea of perks like season tickets for various professional sports.

NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB etc.

I am admittedly not a huge sports fan so I know nothing about how season passes work. I peeked at the websites for the Cowboys, Mavericks, Rangers and Stars but they don't just lay out the total costs in plain terms (Rangers do, but not the others).

Have any of you ever bought season tickets for any major league teams? Anything you can share on the topic?

Which sport do you think gives the best 'bang for the buck' and which do you feel would be the most effective for client relations?

I know the cowboys for sure have the Personal Seat License (PSL) that you have to buy as well for each one which I think is tens of thousands per seat in order to get the option to buy season tickets each season... fuck them and fuck that. Stars games and Mavs games are fun to go to, plus you'll have like 40 of them per season and usually playoffs (lol, not for Cowboys). Ranger games can also be fun and now that it's got AC it isn't terrible in the summer.

Which one is closer for you, Dallas or Arlington? Your clients assuming you'd be giving some away as a business perk, check on their interest as well?
    Originally posted by stevo
    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Stars or Rangers is my vote. Cheaper games, more games, and better atmosphere.

Comment

I'm east of town in the Rockwall / Royse City area. Dallas would be easier but location definitely isn't the driving factor. Price first but again, not the only factor.

The Cowboys are by far the lowest on the list considering the limited number of home games and the fact that the Jones family has to get rich on everything they touch.

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
          Which one is closer for you, Dallas or Arlington? Your clients assuming you'd be giving some away as a business perk, check on their interest as well?
          Client list is growing and will continue to grow. I'm looking for something that would appeal to as many people as possible. I'm not Trump so if I do this, it'll only be one sport.

I'd hate to do hockey only to learn that the vast majority of people hate hockey and no one ever wants the tickets. That sort of thing.

Comment

Yes, fuck the Boy's season tickets they suck out loud.

Now, I'm not sure about the Stars but I talked in length to a ticket account person last year on Mavs season ticket(s). Tickets with decent seats are limited to a few sections, either expensive or nosebleeds. The full season or half a season and there is no discount either. You also don't get to choose what games you get to go to in the half season or 10 game package. In some instances you will have two games in a week and then nothing for a month. I decided that I can just buy single game tickets to whatever game I want to go see throughout the year and sit where I want and pay a decent amount.
            It's a weird way to get season tickets to Mavs games and last year going to the NBA WCF season tickets were all bought up and there were very little seats left.
            Since they are not playing great ball this year and they don't appear to be going back to the NBA WCF or deep into the playoffs, maybe they will go down in price and have more availability next season.
            Last edited by Rick Modena; 03-13-2023, 11:24 AM.
            Originally posted by Silverback
            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

i've never been to a hockey game but it looks fun

Comment

Once you get into Hockey you?ll realize all other sports are shite! When I lived in Pittsburgh I went to a ton of Penguins games. The atmosphere and game play of Hockey is so exciting. I used to think it was boring and never followed the Stars when I lived in North Texas. Then when I moved up there and was forced into it, I never looked back. Makes me wish I followed the Stars back in the 90s because now I?m a die hard Penguins fan.

Comment

Stars games are great, likely my favorite with the Mavs then Rangers in that order.
                  Originally posted by stevo
                  Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

X2 Hockey is more exciting. So much better to watch in person than on TV.

Every other sport I rather watch on TV.
                    Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

I've been in sales for the last 4.5 years in an industry supplying consumables to the print industry. Traveling all over North America. In years past it was common for suppliers to have tickets and give to customers occasionally. The problem is that it builds expectations and soon the receivers will make demands which can become unpleasant, or a burden to deal with. That takes a lot of the joy out of it.

This type of thing is mostly gone from my industry and I have found that sales / customers who do business with you on a professional level don't ask for hand outs.

I've never given a customer / prospect a ticket of any kind and sales doubled, and have almost doubled again.

Do yourself a favor, buy tickets for individual games for a special client if you know them well enough to know they would appreciate them. Try this a few times before jumping off the deep end.

If you must buy season tickets consider the Frisco Roughriders. More fun. Down to earth. Easy parking, easy in / out of the games. Fun for the whole family. Fireworks every Friday night after the game. Cheaper too!

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                        Once you get into Hockey you?ll realize all other sports are shite! When I lived in Pittsburgh I went to a ton of Penguins games. The atmosphere and game play of Hockey is so exciting. I used to think it was boring and never followed the Stars when I lived in North Texas. Then when I moved up there and was forced into it, I never looked back. Makes me wish I followed the Stars back in the 90s because now I?m a die hard Penguins fan.
                        that's awesome!!! i know NHL '95 for sega genesis was badass

Comment

Congratulations on your success.

I'd consider the Roughriders as well - you may even be able to do suites there so it's enjoyable even if some don't like the game of baseball. Also I've had great times at the Allen Event Center watching the Allen Americans (Hockey) - but the Roughriders really is a much more popular experience - can't go wrong.

Past that - *I* think it's more about cost. Hell, one time I was given free nosebleed tickets for a Cowboys game. Still think I dropped 250-300 dollars on parking, beer...food..etc.

Anyway - some lower pro sports that may be better bang for the buck for ya to consider.
                          Originally posted by MR EDD
                          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by slow84lx View Post
                            I've been in sales for the last 4.5 years in an industry supplying consumables to the print industry. Traveling all over North America. In years past it was common for suppliers to have tickets and give to customers occasionally. The problem is that it builds expectations and soon the receivers will make demands which can become unpleasant, or a burden to deal with. That takes a lot of the joy out of it.

This type of thing is mostly gone from my industry and I have found that sales / customers who do business with you on a professional level don't ask for hand outs.

I've never given a customer / prospect a ticket of any kind and sales doubled, and have almost doubled again.

Do yourself a favor, buy tickets for individual games for a special client if you know them well enough to know they would appreciate them. Try this a few times before jumping off the deep end.

If you must buy season tickets consider the Frisco Roughriders. More fun. Down to earth. Easy parking, easy in / out of the games. Fun for the whole family. Fireworks every Friday night after the game. Cheaper too!
                            Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                            Congratulations on your success.

I'd consider the Roughriders as well - you may even be able to do suites there so it's enjoyable even if some don't like the game of baseball. Also I've had great times at the Allen Event Center watching the Allen Americans (Hockey) - but the Roughriders really is a much more popular experience - can't go wrong.

Past that - *I* think it's more about cost. Hell, one time I was given free nosebleed tickets for a Cowboys game. Still think I dropped 250-300 dollars on parking, beer...food..etc.

Anyway - some lower pro sports that may be better bang for the buck for ya to consider.
                            Thanks for the honest feedback. This has also been on my mind. I definitely don't want to spend 5 figures on the tickets and end up regretting it.

I will definitely buy tickets for individual games before jumping feet first into season tickets.

Comment

I used to do Rangers 10 or 20 game plans for the family. Lots of fun and the kids loved it. My former company had Rangers, Stars, Mavs and Cowboys seats. Stars are probably the most fun. Rangers and Mavs games are better for casual watchers and kids than a Cowboys game. Unless you are a diehard Cowboys fan and can enjoy a tough loss, Cowboys tickets never seem worth it. Also parking and leaving are tough at Cowboys games. For the Stars and Mavs games DART is awesome. DART is also awesome to do the OU TX game at fair park. The rough riders are fun and their JC Penny club (might be renamed) had a great pregame buffet for club members. Club seats there get you all you can eat food and drinks too. I watched a lot of Rangers play in Frisco and from the front row you can chat them up in the on deck circles.

Comment

Working...
                              X