Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I see that .1% number for flu quite a bit. Is that percentage of total global population, US population or infected (US? Global?)?

My assumption was infected and doing my own stats - if it is infected -at this point and with public data- it seems C19 is way higher death rate globally and in the US compared to the flu. 5.22/2.46% respectively. What I hate - is it could be WAY higher or way lower - but we may never know due to countries like China and their crap reporting and it does not get much better after them as far as being reliable.

I did google that .1% - may be searching incorrect terms but I could not find what that .1 was referring to specifically.
    Originally posted by MR EDD
    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

• Flu death numbers will not be on the same level as COVID 19 for a number of reasons.

If you have COVID 19 and die from another heath issue, you will be tallied as a COVID 19 death statistic. There’s more than enough people in the medical field who acknowledge this. Obviously it’s to keep track of cases and potential lethality for future study since this is a novel virus. However, it screws the flu death rate comparison up royally.
      Last edited by DON SVO; 04-04-2020, 07:37 AM.
      Originally posted by PGreenCobra
      I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
      Originally posted by Trip McNeely
      Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
      dont downshift!!
      Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

• To add to what Don's saying, a huge portion of possible cases are not being tested if they are mild symptoms. I didnt think this was going to be that big of a deal, but of the people I personally know that had symptoms...only about half of them have been tested. One of which was told by his dr not to get tested unless symptoms get bad. And this guy had sudden onset fever, dry cough and a lasting headache. Death rate is a function of reported case rate...and South Korea shows what happens when you test larger sample sizes.

The real answer here will come from a statistically significant increase in death rates. Where the 80 year olds in italy that got it going to die anyways that year from something else?

This virus certainly is more lethal than the flu, but now that its everywhere the response has to be different than 2 months ago when we could have had a bigger impact.
        Last edited by Ruffdaddy; 04-04-2020, 08:14 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
          To add to what Don's saying, a huge portion of possible cases are not being tested if they are mild symptoms. I didnt think this was going to be that big of a deal, but of the people I personally know that had symptoms...only about half of them have been tested. One of which was told by his dr not to get tested unless symptoms get bad. And this guy had sudden onset fever, dry cough and a lasting headache. Death rate is a function of reported case rate...and South Korea shows what happens when you test larger sample sizes.

The real answer here will come from a statistically significant increase in death rates. Where the 80 year olds in italy that got it going to die anyways that year from something else?

This virus certainly is more lethal than the flu, but now that its everywhere the response has to be different than 2 months ago when we could have had a bigger impact.
          My 65 year-old dad died of a major heart attack in his bathroom 4 days after the onset of Type-A flu. He had stopped smoking years before and had changed up his diet and activity levels more than 2 years prior to improve his health. He was retired, had become a first time grandfather to my daughter 6 weeks prior, had no debt or marital stress (divorced for years)... the only contributing factor was that he had a raging case of influenza.

There’s lots of evidence that the flu can cause cardiovascular problems, the CDC acknowledges that it can increase the risk of heart attack and stroke 6-fold if not more: https://www.cdc.gov/flu/highrisk/heartdisease.htm

My dad’s death certificate lists cardiovascular reasons as the cause of death, him having the flu isn’t mentioned anywhere.

My point being that there’s going to be a lot of wild misinformation (good and bad) on this COVID 19 bullshit for years to come, especially in relation to its lethality.
          Originally posted by PGreenCobra
          I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
          Originally posted by Trip McNeely
          Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
          dont downshift!!
          Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy

No, it's not. Influenza vs. Covid19 are two different animals. The numbers are being padded for Covid. Pretty much anybody who is dying from underlying conditions are being "linked" to it. Recently, yet sadly a infant who died from SIDS was "linked" to Covid. A man died from Stage IV Leukemia got "linked" to Covid. There are twitter feeds where people who work in the ME office is saying that are saying a lot of people's death are the same, regardless. Not the actual cause of death, but well....nevermind.

Influenza makes Covid look like a cake walk. If you want to see what a real Pandemic looks like take a peek at the 1918 Spanish Flu.

I appreciate the need for social distancing. My wife & I are working from home. However, you have to understand this mass hysteria perpetuated from MSM is destroying our economy. Our way of life. 10 million people out of work. We'll hit the bell curve, reach the apex, and then come back down.

Let's get on with our lives. People need to get back to work, so they can pay bills and put food on the table.

Comment

• The fact that you are comparing COVID 19 to a century old pandemic proves my point. This has a higher mortality than the typical flu. There are several coronavirus strains as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
                No, it's not. Influenza vs. Covid19 are two different animals. The numbers are being padded for Covid. Pretty much anybody who is dying from underlying conditions are being "linked" to it. Recently, yet sadly a infant who died from SIDS was "linked" to Covid. A man died from Stage IV Leukemia got "linked" to Covid. There are twitter feeds where people who work in the ME office is saying that are saying a lot of people's death are the same, regardless. Not the actual cause of death, but well....nevermind.

Influenza makes Covid look like a cake walk. If you want to see what a real Pandemic looks like take a peek at the 1918 Spanish Flu.

I appreciate the need for social distancing. My wife & I are working from home. However, you have to understand this mass hysteria perpetuated from MSM is destroying our economy. Our way of life. 10 million people out of work. We'll hit the bell curve, reach the apex, and then come back down.

Let's get on with our lives. People need to get back to work, so they can pay bills and put food on the table.
                I agree with a lot of what you said, though, I want to point out that last part. Had everyone listened 2 weeks ago, when this all started getting serious we would damn near be on the back side of it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                Originally posted by Leah
                Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

• # of loans in forbearance doubles in a week’s time. Up to 5.95%. Says a lot about the # of folks living beyond their means with no cushion. That, and/or a lack of understanding of what forbearance is. I am curious how many of the big lenders are taking the time to explain forbearance to borrowers. FORBEARANCE IS NOT FORGIVENESS, folks. Forbearance is not deferring payments, either.

There are now two entities tracking forbearance statistics on a regular basis, the Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA) and Black Knight. The information they are providing is critical, and we did summarize both reports last week, but covering both is probably overkill. Until one report proves to be measurably more informative than the other or we find a way to combine the information, we will probably switch back and forth between the two. This is the MBA report from its Forbearance and Call Volume Survey conducted for the April 6 to April 12 period. The number of loans in forbearance increased from an average of 3.74 percent of servicer portfolios during the March 30 to April 5 period to 5.95 percent. In contrast, only 0.25 percent of all loans were in forbearance at the beginning of March
                  Originally posted by BradM
                  But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                  In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• Forgot to mention... Any small business owners getting ready for the next round of funding, go follow Mark J. Kohler @ KKOS & Kohler & Eyre on FB and YT.

Comment

• Mnuchin says no relief for non bank servicers, such as Mr. Cooper.

Comment

• Here we go again, mandatory masks in Tarrant County.

Comment

• Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                          Here we go again, mandatory masks in Tarrant County.
                          Commie bastards.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                            # of loans in forbearance doubles in a week’s time. Up to 5.95%. Says a lot about the # of folks living beyond their means with no cushion. That, and/or a lack of understanding of what forbearance is. I am curious how many of the big lenders are taking the time to explain forbearance to borrowers. FORBEARANCE IS NOT FORGIVENESS, folks. Forbearance is not deferring payments, either.

http://www.mortgagenewsdaily.com/042...rebearance.asp
                            Or people that lie.....

Comment

• Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                              Here we go again, mandatory masks in Tarrant County.
                              Well this escalated quickly.

Comment

• Thought you guys would enjoy this little tidbit

A friend of my wife is a family law attorney here in Houston. Her grandma got sick and was told that she had Covid, yet the hospital wouldn't give the family any more info, so she subpoenaed her grandma's medical records.

Two negative tests and one inconclusive, and they told her and her family that she had it.
                                Last edited by Strychnine; 03-02-2021, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X