Build thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Build thread.

I'm not sure if this belongs here or not, but here it is.

I'm going to take you guys step by step through putting a sprint car together. All of the measurements and whatnot have been done already, and all the plumbing set, so I won't touch much on that, but you'll see how one is out together.

Yesterday (8-17) after painting the chassis, car will start going together tomorrow after work to give more time to cure.

Last edited by racrguy; 08-20-2013, 03:00 PM. Reason: title edit

I have always wanted to make a scale sprint car out of brass tubing. This will be interesting

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
      I have always wanted to make a scale sprint car out of brass tubing. This will be interesting

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
      If you want dimensions on anything, now's the time to say something!

Comment

You don't have kids and you're not a veteran, your opinion is invalid.

Lol. Looking forward to this build.

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

Im interested in about anything with wheels and an engine, Post Away!
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

sweet, keep it safe!
              Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

What do you need to get a sprint car on the ground? You need the chassis above and all the parts below that I'll list out.

First off, the whole shot:

Now for the smaller close ups, starting from the front of the car:

In that picture is a front axle assembly, RF torsion arm, LF torsion arm, 2 torsion bars, 2 torsion bar stops, 2 shocks and 4 radius rods with heims.

In the center of the car:

Here you have a drag link, pitman arm, steering gear and reservoir, rear motor plate, torque ball and housing, a shifter and a master cylinder with residual valve. (you can see part of a torque tube at the bottom of the picture)

Now a bit farther back:

Here you can plainly see the torque tube and rear end, it looks odd, but you'll understand how it all goes together later.

Here's a picture of the driveshaft, which I forgot to lay out. Have I mentioned titanium stuff is light? The only steel part in this picture is the snap ring and the swivel splined portion to the left of the picture, it slides over another splined portion of the driveshaft so it can be replaced when/if it wears.

And now for the rear suspension pieces:

Here you have 2 more torsion bars with stops and arms, a couple more shocks, 2 more radius rods, bird cages, which are the rear suspension attachments that double as wheel bearings, a right rear brake and caliper and the jacobs ladder, also known as a watt's link.

Comment

I'm going to start a thread in the pic and video forum and post the rest of the updates there.

Edit: new link http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/sh...73#post1133973
                  Last edited by racrguy; 08-20-2013, 11:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X