safety safety safety

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
    Hell, even I am considering fire supression in the cobra and I will never hit half those speeds or try the mile..........maybe.
    a 4 liter system can be had for less than $300 and is refillable at home. Comes with 2 pull handles and 6 nozzles. Great buy for peace of mind.

Comment

Is that front tire even rotating in the right direction? It appears that the tread is facing opposite its intended direction.

Comment

Definitely a Z rated tire. I'm also pretty sure it is supposed to be the front left tire, not right.

Comment

Originally posted by turbostang View Post
          The cage definitely did it's job, good to hear the driver is ok.

I can't believe more people haven't commented on the broken bar. Take note, its broken below the weld. It's impossible to build a setup that will take a hit from any angle at those speeds and guarantee it's integrity.
          Here's a nasty looking angle of the break with what appears to be a few bubbles in the weld.

Comment

Originally posted by Snatch Napkin View Post
            Definitely a Z rated tire. I'm also pretty sure it is supposed to be the front left tire, not right.
            Some tires aren't directional, but they do have an inside/outside tread pattern, this may be one of those tires.

Comment

I was there this past weekend and watched it happen. The very worse part about this whole deal is them making a decision to run the car 30 minutes after the last car ran down the mile. Everything was finished for the day and the ambulance had left the track 10 minutes before this happened. There were no EMS at the track when the wreck happened. Only the local police officers. It was a total disaster. The "side skirt" on the passenger side was flapping in the wind a good foot away from the car when he passed the 1/4 mile mark.

I was at the 1/4 mark and watched him pedal the car three times trying to keep the wheels spin under control. It would have been a 230 run at best.

Comment

that guy is reckless, it should also be noted that he is the former owner of sixspeed, inc. and ripped a bunch of people off, no?
                THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Originally posted by Sam88gta1 View Post
                  I was there this past weekend and watched it happen. The very worse part about this whole deal is them making a decision to run the car 30 minutes after the last car ran down the mile. Everything was finished for the day and the ambulance had left the track 10 minutes before this happened. There were no EMS at the track when the wreck happened. Only the local police officers. It was a total disaster. The "side skirt" on the passenger side was flapping in the wind a good foot away from the car when he passed the 1/4 mile mark.

I was at the 1/4 mark and watched him pedal the car three times trying to keep the wheels spin under control. It would have been a 230 run at best.
                  So he tried the run after the event shut down? That is VERY irresponsible and he will probably not be allowed back...too much bad publicity for the event already as it made it to Yahoo yesterday.

Dumbass sums it up perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                    Some tires aren't directional, but they do have an inside/outside tread pattern, this may be one of those tires.
                    That is an asymmetrical tire. The pattern indicates that if ran in the rain, it would direct it to the center of the tire. Having said that, if it has never been ran in it's "proper" direction, it might have been ran this way to increase straight line stability.

"IF" it used to be the right front, but got placed on the left, then a tire assplosion would be expected.

Comment

Originally posted by naynay View Post
                      that guy is reckless, it should also be noted that he is the former owner of sixspeed, inc. and ripped a bunch of people off, no?
                      That is true. At one time there was a running total of $45,000+ on ls1tech alone. He claims to have paid everyone back but they only paid the cases in civil court that had a Judgement aginst him and his wife Amber. His new business is a LLC and I would be willing to bet its formed under a trust. That makes me lol.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
                        So he tried the run after the event shut down? That is VERY irresponsible and he will probably not be allowed back...too much bad publicity for the event already as it made it to Yahoo yesterday.

Dumbass sums it up perfectly.
                        KP racing (His business) sponsored the event. They were allowed to make runs after the lanes were closed. They ran a Corvette from his shop (owned also by Kelly Bise) twice down the mile prior to the Camaro wreck. All three runs were made without the ambulance there.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam88gta1 View Post
                          KP racing (His business) sponsored the event. They were allowed to make runs after the lanes were closed. They ran a Corvette from his shop (owned also by Kelly Bise) twice down the mile prior to the Camaro wreck. All three runs were made without the ambulance there.
                          Absolutely retarded. Run after the event all you want, but the EMS team is there in case something like this happens. He got very lucky.
                          Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                          I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                          Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                          Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                          dont downshift!!
                          Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

If only someone had runs these speeds before, maybe for many years, by many shops/people, with a knowledgeable association running the thing, and in this country...If only...
                            US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

Originally posted by Hobie View Post
                              If only someone had runs these speeds before, maybe for many years, by many shops/people, with a knowledgeable association running the thing, and in this country...If only...
                              Surely you're not referring to the many decades of The Bonneville Salt Flats.....

Why that's ludicrous!

Comment

Snapped off the 9inch axle tube, across the plate back bracing.

That must have launched the wheel and axle.
                                Jay Johnson
                                Car hauler for hire

Comment

Working...
                                X