Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by musclestang89 View Post
    thanks guys

oh yea the new cars now days are just sick. They almost need to come factory with a roll bar in them just to be able to run at the tracks.

I'm very impressed on what they have done with them. I'm still waiting to see a new 5.0 in a fox body coupe.
    Its already in the works, there is an article on Stangnet about it.
    And Shepherds we shall be

For thee, my Lord, for thee.

Power hath descended forth from Thy hand

Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.

So we shall flow a river forth to Thee

And teeming with souls shall it ever be.

In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti

Comment

Originally posted by sdun View Post
      It nearly doesn't pay to build any kind of hot rod when the new cars are so freaking fast. Your car runs damn good but a kid w/ a new gt and a few bolt ons is faster. Brian a Lonestar told me that they took a new gt w/ an automatic, 4.10 gears, exhaust, cia, and a tune. It went 7.30@96. Thats just sick.
      This is from Dad. My feelings on that is Dollars. We have less than 10gs in this car and a new mustang would run 30 to 40gs and then another 3 to 5gs to get it where this car is. We bought the car last year for 2,300, with cracked heads, and started from there. First motor and trans comes out and trans goes to Mikes Trick Shift for rebuild and converter. Next motor from 2008 f150 is installed (this is the same 2 valve that is installed in mustangs). Then we went to the track with stock 327 gears and ran 8.8,s. Then come the good stuff with the help of JKS Performance. First Kenny Bell 1.7 with cooler then 373 gears and new axles, Wolf upper and lower installed for good traction and frame ties all installed by JKS Performance. My feeling is it does pay because we have right at $9,000 in this car and are driving it to the track with the AC on and having fun running low to mid 7's.

Comment

This is from Dad. My feelings on that is Dollars. We have less than 10gs in this car and a new mustang would run 30 to 40gs and then another 3 to 5gs to get it where this car is. We bought the car last year for 2,300, with cracked heads, and started from there. First motor and trans comes out and trans goes to Mikes Trick Shift for rebuild and converter. Next motor from 2008 f150 is installed (this is the same 2 valve that is installed in mustangs). Then we went to the track with stock 327 gears and ran 8.8,s. Then come the good stuff with the help of JKS Performance. First Kenny Bell 1.7 with cooler then 373 gears and new axles, Wolf upper and lower installed for good traction and frame ties all installed by JKS Performance. My feeling is it does pay because we have right at $9,000 in this car and are driving it to the track with the AC on and having fun running low to mid 7's.
        Well put dad well put
        99 Mustang Project JSTA2V
        going from really slow to just alittle slow

2013 Focus ST the daily cruising the 4 banger

Comment

Im not knocking it. My point is it kinda sucks putting all of the work in a car, you, me, or anybody and some kid in a new car that his dad bought for him who knows nothing about cars outrunning you. My current project, '64 Fairlane Sedan, now needs to run low 7s to stay ahead of the game. Just how I am wired. I can't stomach a new near stock car spanking my hotrod.

Comment

Im not knocking it. My point is it kinda sucks putting all of the work in a car, you, me, or anybody and some kid in a new car that his dad bought for him who knows nothing about cars outrunning you. My current project, '64 Fairlane Sedan, now needs to run low 7s to stay ahead of the game. Just how I am wired. I can't stomach a new near stock car spanking my hotrod.
            Just what happens. Performance just keeps improving. As for young Kids who's parents by them cars not even worried about it. Cause when they are older and can't afford things u can just laugh

Comment

I am with you. You could have a old school 5.0 built, about to split the block, and get outrun by a stock new 5.0l with a 100 shot.

Comment

Hey I understand. I don't like it either but those cars are few and far in-between in our world of racing. The ones I like to see Shelly run are the new camaros and corvette group. To them there is just something about a blond driving a mustang and out running them. The other night when we were at the track there was about 6 camaros and only one could have given Shelly a race. I saw him run one 7.4 which is what Shelly had been running. I really wanted to see her run him but it never happen. So you guys hang in there and keep your old hot rods going and have fun doing it. If you get out run so be it and move on to the next one. Remember this is all about fun.

Comment

Hey I understand. I don't like it either but those cars are few and far in-between in our world of racing. The ones I like to see Shelly run are the new camaros and corvette group. To them there is just something about a blond driving a mustang and out running them. The other night when we were at the track there was about 6 camaros and only one could have given Shelly a race. I saw him run one 7.4 which is what Shelly had been running. I really wanted to see her run him but it never happen. So you guys hang in there and keep your old hot rods going and have fun doing it. If you get out run so be it and move on to the next one. Remember this is all about fun.
                  well put jedi master Yoda

Comment

Working...
                  X