Thanks Northstar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Northstar

We took the Camaro to Northatar today and met up with Dave from Nitrous Outlet, had a great Track Surface to work with. Car went 4 hundredths off its best ET to date and did it on alot less spray. Went 118 on a 1.42 short time, a full tenth off it's best (1.31).

Clint from Truestreet was trying out his new feeler gauges on the rear bumper. He'll explain.
    Doing enough racing for 99% of the board!

i guess you had to be there?
    THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeChevyII View Post
      We took the Camaro to Northatar today and met up with Dave from Nitrous Outlet, had a great Track Surface to work with. Car went 4 hundredths off its best ET to date and did it on alot less spray. Went 118 on a 1.42 short time, a full tenth off it's best (1.31).

Clint from Truestreet was trying out his new feeler gauges on the rear bumper. He'll explain.

I agree Bryan, Nick and the North Star crew did a great job preping the track. We went out for some early year testing on the 275 drag radials with some good secuss. Ran a new best with some nice 60-100ft wheelies... Thanks again north star for the awesome prep
      True Street MotorSports
      901 N McDonald St Suite 100
      McKinney TX 75069

Shop 972.542.9886
      Fax 972. 542.9879

Nitrous Refills $4lb

Comment

Sounds like the chevy is ready to run my 5.0.

Comment

Originally posted by 1fastvipper View Post
          Sounds like the chevy is ready to run my 5.0.
          I'm waiting on you to get it running with the auto.

Comment

Originally posted by TrueStreetMotorSports.com View Post
            I agree Bryan, Nick and the North Star crew did a great job preping the track. We went out for some early year testing on the 275 drag radials with some good secuss. Ran a new best with some nice 60-100ft wheelies... Thanks again north star for the awesome prep
            I guess the dual ramp worked better for you?

Comment

Are you wanting to race my truck or something?
              Doing enough racing for 99% of the board!

Comment

Very true, big thanks to Nick and Northstar! The track prep was great on both lanes for only 8-10 cars or so. You know this wasn't a big money maker for them, it was more for us the racers. We had a good time, the car ran consistant. We are still down some mph, we are trying to track down where it went.
                Blue 99 cobra with flames 7.7@180, 4.9@146 in the 1/8 on 275 radials. Getting it done on a true 10.5" tire, with a 3.5" bore, 32 valves, and 4 cams.
                The daily: Sonic blue 03 Cobra with twins 1,063rwhp @ 25 psi
                The daily part 2: Kona Blue 2011 5.0 KB 4.2l KB, AR headers & midpipe, 25psi on E-85 900+RW thru the stock auto.
                9.91@138.8 on 18's full weight with 750RW

Comment

on the other hand the kennadale thread from yesterday is full of complaints about track prep and other things. i wish they cared enought to see these threads and made changes. many people like my self are forced to skip the 10min trip to kdale and make the trek to northstar simply to get traction.

good thing i only have 3:55;s with the new setup. gunna need a gas card too.

Comment

Originally posted by Damnittsteve View Post
                    on the other hand the kennadale thread from yesterday is full of complaints about track prep and other things. i wish they cared enought to see these threads and made changes. many people like my self are forced to skip the 10min trip to kdale and make the trek to northstar simply to get traction.

good thing i only have 3:55;s with the new setup. gunna need a gas card too.
                    Now steve you are comparing a rented out track for no more than 10 cars to kennedale on sunday with alot of street cars and trucks. And they are some fast cars. There track better be prep extra good for the rented out track.

Now we got a new best out there at the dale yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by 582nova View Post
                      I guess the dual ramp worked better for you?
                      Yes sir, guess Benny was talking to you yesterday. Still have a little more to learn but we still made some solid times for the smaller shot. Should be a fun year
                      True Street MotorSports
                      901 N McDonald St Suite 100
                      McKinney TX 75069

Shop 972.542.9886
                      Fax 972. 542.9879

Nitrous Refills $4lb

Comment

Originally posted by musclestang89 View Post
                        Now steve you are comparing a rented out track for no more than 10 cars to kennedale on sunday with alot of street cars and trucks. And they are some fast cars. There track better be prep extra good for the rented out track.

Now we got a new best out there at the dale yesterday.
                        If you were comparing a track that was rented out for thousands then yes, the track better be perfect. This was just $100 per car for less then 15 cars. I think this was very cool of them to do! I was totally impressed when I walked the line before any cars went down. It felt like a true ten 5 night, I walked all the way out to the 330' and it still felt like the starting line.

Congrats on the new best Clint, it will be good to get another car out there.
                        Blue 99 cobra with flames 7.7@180, 4.9@146 in the 1/8 on 275 radials. Getting it done on a true 10.5" tire, with a 3.5" bore, 32 valves, and 4 cams.
                        The daily: Sonic blue 03 Cobra with twins 1,063rwhp @ 25 psi
                        The daily part 2: Kona Blue 2011 5.0 KB 4.2l KB, AR headers & midpipe, 25psi on E-85 900+RW thru the stock auto.
                        9.91@138.8 on 18's full weight with 750RW

Comment

Originally posted by Manny View Post
                          If you were comparing a track that was rented out for thousands then yes, the track better be perfect. This was just $100 per car for less then 15 cars. I think this was very cool of them to do! I was totally impressed when I walked the line before any cars went down. It felt like a true ten 5 night, I walked all the way out to the 330' and it still felt like the starting line.

Congrats on the new best Clint, it will be good to get another car out there.
                          That was very cool of them to do that. If my car was running I would have tried to have been one of the cars. I have always like denton more than the dale. But when going out to the dale on sunday there 4x4 trucks going through the water box. That is going to happen. And you wont see that happening at a rented out thing.

I hope they keep doing this every now and then. I need to get my car up and running first.

Comment

Looks like this weekend might be real nice again. Is Denton going to do it again?
                            C. J. Peddy
                            02 35th camaro
                            10:1 solid roller 365LSX with a X27588
                            4.72@151
                            1.130 60ft so far

Special thanks to:
                            GMHP LSX block
                            Wiseco Pistons

Comment

Thanks for the kind words, glad it worked for everyone that came out. We will be doing this on semi-regular basis, but not this weekend unfortunately. We will be at the NHRA winter meetings this weekend. We will announce the next group test day some time next week.

Comment

Working...
                              X