What'd everyone run at the Cruise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hell-Bent SS View Post
    sorry we didn't get a chance to run each other....I got there way to late.
    it's my fault. one of the bolts that holds the alternator on snapped for some reason which allowed the alternator to shift and caused the belt to become super loose. i noticed it squealing but thought it was just cause it was getting cold outside, as the night progressed so did the squeal. finally it was so bad i couldn't keep going. i had the track official spray it was vht thinking it might help get me home (added traction for the loose belt), but it just caused the squeal to get insanely loud. i left and went to autozone and got a belt but by that time my old lady was tired and we just headed home. it doesn't really matter now cause the alternator is getting moved and the car is in a million pieces!

Comment

Originally posted by Juiced4v View Post
      Who on here was driving the big turbo caddy? What kind of times was it running?
      I don't think the guy is on the board. I heard it went 7.60 then they told him to run half track only after that.

Comment

Originally posted by scott442 View Post
        I don't think the guy is on the board. I heard it went 7.60 then they told him to run half track only after that.
        His Father in law was the guy with the black GN . I talked to him for a while and that was the first track outing . 500 ci cady motor with a cam and two take off turbos and a t400 trans . It had 2.73 gears also . It was a coupe they cut the roof off and he didn't know how fast they would let him go with no cage . Cool car .
        Big Rooster Racing

Comment

Originally posted by scott442 View Post
          Dang...not bad! Neat car for sure!
          Originally posted by Da Prez
          Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
          Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

With the top cut off, and no cage, he was limited to 8.35... Convertibles with the top up may get away with it, but this was pretty obvious! Not bad for a heavy car.
            sigpic

Comment

Caddy and Grand National

Hello all.

New to the board, but made it out for the cruise. Thanks to those who put it on, we had a great time.

The Caddy was on it's quasi maiden voyage and only got to make one wot pass before we were asked to slow it down.

1/8 - 7.63
              60 - 1.76
              Mph - 88

Kept working half track and ran some good 60's.

Best was 1.50. Still more in it... Was leaving at 2lbs vacuum due to brake issues. All passes at 10 psi.

Grand National, also first time out, ran;

1/8 - 7.99
              60 - 1.98
              Mph - 87

Boost gauge quit working and wasn't able to tune. Car should run mid 7's once it's dialed in.

Comment

^^^ congrats and welcome!
                Detailing is an Obsession!!

1996 MYSTIC Cobra #405 of 2000

Fox Coupe "Calypso Killer"

Comment

it's my fault. among the bolts store the alternator on clicked for whatever reason which permitted the alternator to change and triggered the belt being super loose. i observed it squealing but think it is just cause it had been getting cold outdoors, because the evening advanced so did the squeal. finally it had been so bad i could not carry on. i'd the track official spray it had been vht thinking it could help get me home (added traction for that loose belt), however it just triggered the squeal to obtain insanely noisy. i left and visited autozone and also got a belt but with that time my old lady was tired and that we just headed home. it does not really matter now make the alternator gets moved and also the vehicle is within millions of pieces!

Comment

Working...
                  X