Kyle Busch lost his driver's license for 45 days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kyle Busch lost his driver's license for 45 days

LMAO at Kyle. It couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Kyle Busch pleads guilty to speeding

Updated Aug 23, 2011 5:12 PM ET

STATESVILLE, N.C. (AP)

NASCAR points leader Kyle Busch lost his driver's license for 45 days on Tuesday for driving 128 mph on a road close to a day-care center and church in a nearly $400,000 car. His lawyer said his client was not treated "like any other citizen."

Busch, who doesn't need a license to compete in NASCAR, also was fined $1,000, sentenced to 30 hours of community service and put on one year of unsupervised probation. He pleaded guilty to speeding and no contest to reckless and careless driving in North Carolina District Court in Iredell County.

True title threat

Kyle Busch shows he has what it takes to snatch Jimmie Johnson's crown, Lee Spencer says.

Busch addressed the court before his sentencing by District Court Judge H. Thomas Church, apologizing again for driving 128 mph in a 45 mph zone in a bright yellow 2012 Lexus on May 24.

"I think you'll be different in the future," Church said.

"I sure will, your honor," Busch replied.

Busch and his wife, Samantha, were in the car when he was pulled over on a two-lane road in an area near a subdivision, a day-care center and a church. The hand-built LFA sports car was on loan to Busch from Lexus for a 24-hour test drive.

Busch attorney Cliff Homesley argued that his client wasn't being treated the same as other people in similar circumstances, citing a July case of a 21-year-old convicted felon who was caught doing 128 mph and received a $300 fine and no loss of license.

"In 25 years of practicing law I've never seen someone not being offered better than this," Homesley argued before the court. "All I am asking is to treat Kyle Busch like any other citizen that appears before the court."

Homesley, calling Busch one of the best drivers in the world, said: "He had full control of that vehicle at all times.

"That automobile in his hands was like a scalpel in the hands of a surgeon. Not a knife in the hands of a 5-year-old."

Busch is coming off his Sprint Cup series-best fourth victory at Michigan on Sunday, and he holds a 10-point lead over five-time defending NASCAR champion Jimmie Johnson in the standings. His next scheduled race is Wednesday's Trucks Series event at Bristol, where he's won the last five races spanning NASCAR's top three national series.

"This is closure. That certainly was what we were looking for in this case," Busch said outside the court. "We've had a lot of people stand behind me and we've gone through this is as diligent as we could, as respectful as we could, and that's why I am here today in person to do it myself and to accept responsibility for my actions.

"Today's done. We move on to tomorrow and try to go win a truck race at Bristol."

Busch spoke only briefly outside court, where a hot dog vendor was set up roughly 100 feet away offering the "128 mph special." Busch headed in opposite direction of the stand as he left with his attorney.

On the move
    Kyle Busch is No. 1, but Brad Keselowski is coming. NASCAR Power Rankings.

In court, Homesley admitted Busch passed three different patrol cars following one another as the deputies headed to lunch. The first clocked him at 128 mph, the second clocked him at 79 and the third at 59 - numbers that proved Busch was in control of the car and able to slow it down quickly.

Busch did tell the deputy who pulled him over the Lexus was "just a toy," a remark he backed away from while apologizing for the incident in in a media session two days later.

"I'm certainly sorry that it happened," he said. "It wasn't a toy, it's a high-performance vehicle. It should be driven with caution. Obviously, I didn't have caution and I had a lack of judgment.

"There's probably reason why on the TV commercials that they always show at the bottom, 'Professional driver, closed course.' Mine was not that. Again, I apologize sincerely. All I can do is make sure it doesn't happen again."

Busch will do his community service with the teen safe-driving program B.R.A.K.E.S., which was developed by drag racer Doug Herbert.

Herbert's two sons were killed in a 2008 accident attributed to speeding, and the drag racer established the "Be Responsible And Keep Everyone Safe" program to teach teenagers safety behind the wheel.

Busch agreed to sponsor 300 students in the program, as well as participate in some of the sessions. He'll have to do at least 30 hours as part of his sentence.

He had the car for a 24 hour test drive and that's exactly what he was doing.

Comment

I wanna go fast

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
        "homesley, calling busch one of the best drivers in the world, said: "he had full control of that vehicle at all times.

"that automobile in his hands was like a scalpel in the hands of a surgeon. Not a knife in the hands of a 5-year-old.""
        lol
        Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
          lol
          I'm thinking REAL hard about that TV in your sig.

Comment

seriously, him going that fast on a public road is uncalled for. I dont care if it was Micheal Shumacker or if Ayrton Senna was still alive driving. Your putting your life at risk, and also the potential for other lives to be at risk. At least he got a good penalty, I hate it when guys who are celebrities or athletes get a slap on the risk for something that if we did we would get a ticket or even jail time
            Los Angeles Rams 11-5
            Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
            Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

Originally posted by pHILSANITY07 View Post
              seriously, him going that fast on a public road is uncalled for. I dont care if it was Micheal Shumacker or if Ayrton Senna was still alive driving. Your putting your life at risk, and also the potential for other lives to be at risk. At least he got a good penalty, I hate it when guys who are celebrities or athletes get a slap on the risk for something that if we did we would get a ticket or even jail time
              *yawn*

If you're that worried about risk, do you even leave the house in the mornings?

Comment

kyle just pulled another one in the truck race pretty funny but i dont blame him id do the same

Comment

Originally posted by 80coupe View Post
                  kyle just pulled another one in the truck race pretty funny but i dont blame him id do the same
                  didnt ask this last night, but how many laps were left when Busch slid up infront of Sadler? If its less than 50 or even 75 laps left at Bristol then sorry Im gonna do what Sadler did. If I have the line and Im clearly there then im not letting off.
                  Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                  Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
                  Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

didnt ask this last night, but how many laps were left when Busch slid up infront of Sadler? If its less than 50 or even 75 laps left at Bristol then sorry Im gonna do what Sadler did. If I have the line and Im clearly there then im not letting off.
                    at least 100 laps left i wanna say!

Comment

I've got a Franklin that says he still drives.

Hell, everyone drives without one...

Comment

This is another example of how spolied sport Kyle thinks he can no wrong and blame others for his mistakes. He thinks he's Dale Earnhart. Nothing would make me happier than to see him pull a Dale Earnhart into the wall.

BRISTOL, Tenn. – Kyle Busch retaliated against Elliott Sadler during the O’Reilly 200 on Wednesday night for what he said he believed were attempts to wreck him by a driver who, not so coincidentally, is a Kevin Harvick Inc. employee.

Sadler said Busch was wrong on two of those assumptions: The KHI driver said Busch was the one at fault and their tight battle in the Camping World Truck Series event at Bristol Motor Speedway had nothing to do with any problems Busch has had with Sadler’s boss, Kevin Harvick.

Busch and Sadler made contact while battling for third on lap 99, and as a result Busch hit the wall. He then limped his truck around the track, waited for Sadler, ran him up the track and then turned him.

“He ran into me three times prior in the race and then spun me out down the backstretch – he hooked me so I wrecked him,” Busch said.

Sadler, who finished ninth while Busch was unable to finish the race, said Busch’s spotter apologized because he didn’t let Busch know Sadler was there.

“He just wrecked himself, to be honest with you,” Sadler said. “Early in the race, he just kind of pulled in front of us and run us up into the high stuff in the wall and I really had to really check up. … I feel sorry for my guys.

“I understand Kyle is probably frustrated, but to me, he just pulled in front of us and didn’t know I was there.”

Busch believed Sadler’s actions stemmed from Busch’s problems with Harvick. Busch and Harvick have feuded since Homestead of last year, and both were on probation earlier this year after an incident in Darlington.

“The guy is paid by KHI, so what do you think [was the reason for the contact]?” Busch said.

Sadler, driving a KHI-built truck for Joe Denette Motorsports in the race, said it had nothing to do with that.

“I’m trying to win the race tonight,” Sadler said. “We were racing each other hard because it was all about track position and I think maybe he thought if we got in front of him, we’d be hard to pass. … He just wrecked himself.

“He came across our bumper, and that’s really all it is. He cost us a chance to win. That’s OK. … It was hard racing. I hate it for my truck; I hate it for his truck. He was frustrated with the way he got wrecked when he came across our bumper.”

Harvick, who won the race, said Sadler wasn’t even a teammate of his in the race.

“A lot of times, people tend to let off the gas and blend in and he can bull his way in,” Harvick said. “At some point, you just keep you foot in it. If he had sense or paid attention to anything, he’d realize [Sadler] wasn’t even driving my truck tonight. … He wasn’t even on our team tonight.

“We help those guys a lot, but it just shows Kyle’s ignorance.”

After the accident, Sadler told his team over the radio that he was willing to talk to Busch but he also felt like breaking Busch’s jaw.

Following the race, Sadler said he wasn’t going to break Busch’s jaw.

“I was mad, I was frustrated just because I don’t think he understood the circumstances when he spun me out,” Sadler said. “I was like, ‘Man, don’t spin me out. Watch the tape first.’”

Busch didn’t seem as if he’d be able to be convinced of him being at fault.

“He sure did [dump me]. … We were racing earlier in the night, I pulled a slide job on him and he ran into me three times after that,” Busch said.

“I got clear of him for a while and on that restart, I was trying to slide [by] him and get up to the top. The spotter said I was clear. I was clear at the time. Maybe I was too late. He hooked at me anyway and wrecked us. I’m not going to put up with it.”

Sadler knew Busch would be angry after hitting the wall.

“I’ve never had any issue at all racing Kyle Busch,” Sadler said. “He’s a heck of a race-car driver. … I understand his frustration coming back. And when I went into Turn 1, I was kind of waiting for it because I figured he was kind of upset and frustrated.

“I can sit here and not say one bad word about Kyle Busch. We always race each other really clean. Tonight just happened to be tough circumstances.”

Comment

Working...
                        X