Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any body have issues with energy suspension motor mount?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any body have issues with energy suspension motor mount?

I put a new motor and tranny in my 89 gt and the motor mounts are a bitch to get in place.

if i remember right i had to knockout that lil nub where it bolts down
    sigpic

Comment

Mine fit fine .
      Big Rooster Racing

Comment

Mine fit fine as well. Just fyi. When I did mine I actually put them in backwards. And it was a mother fucker to get to fit. I got one side to slide in and then said, hey, maybe this isn't right. So I started looking and realized what I did. After I switched it, the engine slid right into place. Not proud of it, just figured that I'd pass along the experience, lol.
        04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
        There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

There is only one more problem. I cant seem to find out why in the hell my tranny sits to far forward because the shifter hits. i got the tranny in also and the crossmember is a bitch to get on one side.

Comment

Is it possible you got two of the same side mounts . The bolts should be tward the front of the mount on both sides . I only suggest this because it happend to one of my buds just last month .
            Big Rooster Racing

Comment

I have the same mounts and I think the engine sits forward too. I can just barely get the tranny mount bolts into the crossmember (my tranny is a C4 so no problem with the shifter).
              Last edited by R3_82GT; 03-22-2011, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Any other hiccups I should plan for? I just checked mine to make sure they are different. So that's not a problem.

This will be my first time using this shop so I don't trust them yet. Nor do I know enough.

They will be going in a 96 cobra
                96 black on black cobra
                A few mods.

Comment

If the motor sits too far forward, then you might check to ensure you put them on the correct side..

Comment

Well I checked. I have the left and right. Which way does the bolt go. Forward?
                    96 black on black cobra
                    A few mods.

Comment

yes the stud should favor the front of the car.

Comment

Working...
                      X