Fuel Pump Relay Help - 92 Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Pump Relay Help - 92 Coupe

My fuel pump relay just quit. This is the second time in 2 years that I've replaced it. I had to replace twice in a row about two years ago so I started carrying a spare with me. My wires are hidden in the fenderwells. Is it possible that moisture is effecting the relay? Maybe it's just crappie relays. I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this. The weird thing is, everytime it quits, it is after I make a left turn. Yesterday I noticed the car quit for a second at the same left turn I made this morning when it quit. Seems really strange to me and I'm not sure if a left turn has anything to do with it at all. It doesn't seem like it could be a short.

Ive had issues with cheapo relays from parts stores. Mow only use motorcraft ones. What kind was it?

Comment

The last one lasted two years and was a Borg Warner part. The one before that I paid twice as much was a Ford part and it lasted 3 months. I thought the Ford part would be better so I was a little surprised when it quit. I fully expected the Borg Warner to die in three months. I'm not sure the part quality is the issue. I've never changed the fuel pump relay in my 93. Of course, now that I said that it will die tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
      X