Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shocks & Strut Recommendation (Lowered Foxbody)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocks & Strut Recommendation (Lowered Foxbody)

Bought the car and it came with Koni adjustable shocks and struts, love'm but they do need replaced but I don't think I can swing buying new Koni's.
    Definitely like the stiffness and ridgidity (is that a word) of the Koni's.

As far as what I'm looking to do with the car. I don't ever plan on taking it to the track, just like to hit corners a little faster than average. This car has about no bodyroll and would like to keep it that way if possible.

Any shocks/struts comparable with Koni's and any recommendations and where to buy, locally if possible.

Thanks!
    2 Chronicles 7:14
    If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Just buy them one at a time. If you cant find anything else you like

Comment

KYB has some adjustables(AGX??), I ran their standard ones and they are stiff. KYB is cheap too
      Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Some Koni shocks / struts can be rebuilt by Koni. Check their web site. The turn around time might be more than you can handle. They do have a 3 day service for $$. You might want to call them.
        See page 11

Comment

Originally posted by tkblkcobra View Post
          Some Koni shocks / struts can be rebuilt by Koni. Check their web site. The turn around time might be more than you can handle. They do have a 3 day service for $$. You might want to call them.
          See page 11

http://www.koni-na.com/pdf/tech.pdf
          That is EXACTLY what I would do. I have nothing but good things to say about Konis' performance.

Comment

+1 for the rebuild service. They've done me right every time I've dealt with them.

Comment

Thanks for the link, I would've never guessed or thought about getting them rebuilt. I think I will def. go this route, I saw some aren't rebuildable, so I'll have o check mine tomarrow.
              That would be great if they're able to be, saw they can rebuild them even down to the original paint and decal, sweet!

Thanks a bunch!
              2 Chronicles 7:14
              If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Comment

Tokico "Blues" (HP Series) are not Koni or Bilstein but they are in the same area code.... unlike KYB's.

Comment

Looking at the Bilsteins for mt fox.
                  2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

I just splurged and got Strange 10-ways front and rear for the 'vert.

Comment

Working...
                    X