Won't stay started cold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Won't stay started cold

I got a 89 GT. Sometimes it (when cold) will turn over but die but will start again immediatly after or if I give it gas on the first start it will stay. I am thinking a distributor or maybe a fuel filter? The battery needle jumps quite a bit to on the start or when idling for a while. I went to O'Reilys and they tested the Starter, Battery and Alternator and all came back good. Just curious if it is the Distributor, Fuel Filter or Plugs?
    SCREW CANADA!!!

Have/can you run a KOEO or KOER test? Mine was a VSS problem.

Comment

Originally posted by garycrist View Post
      Have/can you run a KOEO or KOER test? Mine was a VSS problem.
      Does O'Reilys have the tools to run that test? I might just buy the VSS and try, might as well and who knows if it has been replaced or not yet. Thanks for a jumpstart on the problem!
      SCREW CANADA!!!

Comment

Look here....

Comment

Here is what I have done so far, I have removed the Idle Air Control Valve, The MORON gave me Part number 21760 OREILYS. I put the part on the car and now it wouldn't start. Could it because I needed part 21762 OREILYS (Same part but for Fuel Injection)? I wanna say that dude was a dumbass but I might be on the wrong track ,PLZ HELP hahaha
          SCREW CANADA!!!

Comment

Sounds like maybe a Throttle Position Sensor problem, or a fuel delivery issue.

No check engine light? I would run the test for codes anyway. Its quick and easy with a test light or jumper wire.

As garycrist posted, a great website for this......this thread tells you how to pull codes.

Comment

Working...
            X