Irving Suspension Techs - I need some work done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irving Suspension Techs - I need some work done

I have four bushings that need to be pressed in/out of a pair of control arms that are already removed from the car.

One of the control arms has a ball joint I need removed. It's a spin-on joint, but I couldn't quite get it with a 3/4" breaker bar. I was able to get the other three joints off with it, so I think it would just take a good vise and strong impact to get this last one loose.

Just reply to the thread if you're in Irving and can help me out, thanks!
    Danny
    When the government pays, the government controls.

Hey Danny, I have one of these:

It worked well for me to press out and install new bushings on various suspension stuff for the bronco. You're welcome to borrow it or bring your stuff by tonight and we can give it a go.

Comment

Hmm I think I have the same set, but I've only used it for pressed ball joints, not bushings. But that still doesn't take care of the ball joint

Thanks man, I'll give you a call if I can't get a pro. This is about two mins worth of work in a normal shop lol

Comment

PM Thehead.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
          Hmm I think I have the same set, but I've only used it for pressed ball joints, not bushings. But that still doesn't take care of the ball joint

Thanks man, I'll give you a call if I can't get a pro. This is about two mins worth of work in a normal shop lol
          Yeah, I feel you, I just mentioned it more as a last resort if you couldn't find anyone here.

Originally posted by Yale View Post
          PM Thehead.
          I'm not sure if he can do any side work at his place now after the ownership change. In fact I'm pretty sure he can't. Otherwise he would have to do the work in his normal garage and Danny is back in the same boat.

Comment

You get this taken care of Danny?

Comment

I got the ball joint out with a little heat and an impact.

Still need the bushings done. I'll probably just find a place at lunch today.

Comment

Working...
              X