Driveshaft Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driveshaft Swap

Hey folks, I need to replace the driveshaft in my Mark VIII. Any one out there feel like doing it for me on the cheap? Need lift access if possible. Have to remove fuel tank to get driveshaft in and out. If I had a lift I would do it myself.
    86 SVO

Why are you replacing the driveshaft? Vibrations? Did you get a solid aluminum replacement from a '93 or an aftermarket replacement?

The driveshaft can be gotten out without lowering the tank but I have not tried putting it back in with the fuel tank in position. Some truck jackstands and a tall jack will get the car high enough to do this work.

Comment

I picked one up from a 93. And yes, above 80 the vibration is pretty bad. I got the new ds at a great deal so hopefully it will be the fix. My biggest problem is that I am on a sloped driveway. I can't use my garage cause my 86 project is in there and there is not enough room for both. I can't roll the 86 out due to the sloped driveway. I don't have an issue trying to do it myself, just weighing cost option VS PITA option.
      86 SVO

Comment

Working...
      X