Nitrous through an M90?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nitrous through an M90?

2000 Pontiac GP GTP. I'm curious as to how safe it is to spray nitrous through an M90. It would be an every day thing just for the track, etc.

Also which is better wet or dry? Back in the day we used to run wet all the time on our Mustangs. Most I ever ran was a 150 tapping off the stock fuel rail. It backfired outta the intake and blew the MAF, but the second time around it was fine lol.

On the GTP I was thinking of adding a 50 shot of the giggle juice. This will be along with other supporting mods like headers, down pipe, CIA, and prolly at 3.4 pulley with a tune. I just want to know if the M90 compressing nitrous and fuel is going to cause any problems.

TIA!
    Owner of Titan Towing

We have your towing needs covered!
    http://www.titantowing.net
    -------------------------------

Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here to become a paid member!

You can't just tap the intake, post sc?

Comment

gonna get expensive spraying it every day
      http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
        2000 Pontiac GP GTP. I'm curious as to how safe it is to spray nitrous through an M90. It would be an every day thing just for the track, etc.

Also which is better wet or dry? Back in the day we used to run wet all the time on our Mustangs. Most I ever ran was a 150 tapping off the stock fuel rail. It backfired outta the intake and blew the MAF, but the second time around it was fine lol.

On the GTP I was thinking of adding a 50 shot of the giggle juice. This will be along with other supporting mods like headers, down pipe, CIA, and prolly at 3.4 pulley with a tune. I just want to know if the M90 compressing nitrous and fuel is going to cause any problems.

TIA!
        the only thing i have heard of is the nitrous eating the coating off of the eaton's rotors. a while back i remember seeing some prototypes of phelonic(?sp) spacers with nitrous ports drilled in them, or people using the intercooler cores for nitrous.

my .02 is just do the "supporting mods" a cam and IC then you call slap a sub 3" pulley on it and wait for the trans to blow....

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
          gonna get expensive spraying it every day
          would *not*
          Owner of Titan Towing

Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here to become a paid member!

Comment

Originally posted by butt86 View Post
            the only thing i have heard of is the nitrous eating the coating off of the eaton's rotors. a while back i remember seeing some prototypes of phelonic(?sp) spacers with nitrous ports drilled in them, or people using the intercooler cores for nitrous.

my .02 is just do the "supporting mods" a cam and IC then you call slap a sub 3" pulley on it and wait for the trans to blow....
            I just don't want to go the I/C route yet. Supposedly you can run a 3.4" pulley with no problems. I figure at the track the nitrous would be a nice addition. Plus with hot laps it would help to cool the charge.
            Owner of Titan Towing

Comment

I hear that spraying before the rotors is fine, and the coating deal is just a rumor. Tons of 03/04 cobra guys spray before the S/C w/o issue.
              Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                I hear that spraying before the rotors is fine, and the coating deal is just a rumor. Tons of 03/04 cobra guys spray before the S/C w/o issue.
                Gas too or just nitrous? I like wet kits better...
                Owner of Titan Towing

Comment

There was a guy on the old board years ago that ran a small wet kit (before rotors) on his Regal GS. It was like a 99 model or something like that. I can't remember his name. It was black over gray. I was thinking about getting one as well at the time and asked him about it. He drove it daily and only sprayed at the track. The car wasn't that old back then, though. He had a link to some sort of GTP/GS forum in his sig.

Comment

wet shot, sprey that hoe
                    00 TT gt
                    634 @10psi

04 cobra
                    560whp

Comment

I don't see why it would be a problem. As stated many different style of blowers have been sprayed through before.

Comment

Supposedly older Eatons like pre-96 used different coatings and it is safe to spray on the newer ones. That's just what I've heard but Dyno Bob at Steigemeier says he hasn't seen any issues due to people running spray on the '03-'04 Cobra and Lightning Eatons and he has seen a hell of a lot of blowers come through.
                        Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                        Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Thanks for the input!
                          Owner of Titan Towing

Comment

Id hit up Jetfast he's done multiple nitrous/turbo,supercharger set-ups.

Comment

Working...
                            X