Meineke rant (long)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
    Did you go back and kick the managers ass? Lol. Why the fuck are they still in business ? Everyone that goes there is getting robbed and they don't have a clue.
    I used to cringe every time I had a claim at a Just Brakes. Every time, without fail (talking probably 100+ claims) they always told me the car needed the hydraulics rebuilt or replaced on all four corners and all of the friction surfaces were worn out. About 50% of the time they'd want new rotors or drums and 25% of the time the master cylinder was also leaking.

It's amazing how that $99 friction reline crap they advertise always ends up with at least a $500 estimate and usually $1500+. I've even seen one that was $3000, and in their defense it really did have a stuck brake caliper. Ended up paying about $300 on that one, plus $115 inspection fee.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
      Did you go back and kick the managers ass? Lol. Why the fuck are they still in business ? Everyone that goes there is getting robbed and they don't have a clue.
      They are professional con-artists. I was in a hurry to get my oil changed and inspection done one day. I swung in there, and waited about a hour. They finally come in and had this laundry list of stuff to do to my ride..like replace the brake fluid, and flush the transmission (manual). They said one of my license plate lamps was out and needed to be changed. They wanted to charge 10 dollars for the light bulb and 30 minutes of labor changing it. I just said, "Really?", and told them to do the oil change and I might come back for the inspection after I change the light bulb myself. They then told me they would do the bulb change for free if I just let them inspect it..so I said sure. Afterwards I goto pay and it was like $150 for an oil change and inspection. WTF?! Some 30 point inspection shit was on there and I told them I never did authorize it, I just wanted an oil change and inspection. I got loud and red-faced and finally the manager only charged me for the inspection and oil change. I will never go back to meineke.

They stay in business because they can con people out of their money. I hate to use this example, but they would probably tell someone their turn signal fluid was out and it needed to be re-filled.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffneck1320 View Post
        FUCK MEINEKE IN THEIR GOAT ASS, i went into the place by my house for a brake job on my cummins. I had just drove 23 hours from my old rig in PA. the day before, so i really didnt want to turn any wrenches.
        They quoted me 900 for brakes and a Caliper( they said it was sticking and needed to be replaced) i said No way in hell!!!!
        They say they have my truck apart and are starting to work on it . i tell the manager to put my shit back together and he argues with me about how they have to fix it bc it is the law, or some stupid shit.
        in the end i went to "vatozone" and bought the parts and did it for 175ish.
        The kicker was that i was talking to the cashier at autozone, and he says "huh, how ironic... the guys next door at meineke just called and asked the price for all these exact same parts"!!!!!!!! wtd?
        Originally posted by BP View Post
        I used to cringe every time I had a claim at a Just Brakes. Every time, without fail (talking probably 100+ claims) they always told me the car needed the hydraulics rebuilt or replaced on all four corners and all of the friction surfaces were worn out. About 50% of the time they'd want new rotors or drums and 25% of the time the master cylinder was also leaking.

It's amazing how that $99 friction reline crap they advertise always ends up with at least a $500 estimate and usually $1500+. I've even seen one that was $3000, and in their defense it really did have a stuck brake caliper. Ended up paying about $300 on that one, plus $115 inspection fee.
        Just brakes tried to screw over my ex the same way (while we were still married).. She went in for brakes, next thing you know they quoted like $500 or so, claiming that one of the calipers was bad. They didn't want to give her the car back either, stating the same thing about not being able to allow the vehicle to go.

I had to drive up there and they initially tried the same shit with me. I said I was there to pick up the car and they said "where's the wrecker"? They tried to say that they wouldn't release the car unless it was towed out. After going back and forth with them they finally agreed to release the car to me if I signed something stating they were not at fault if the vehicle was unsafe. I got in the car and there was no pedal.. Fuckers apparently drained some of the brake fluid. I was able to get it a block away to a store and topped off the fluid. Then drove it to another (mom and pop) shop. They found no issues with the caliper. Did everything for less than half of Just Brakes quote and on my way I went.

That location of Just Brakes closed less than a year later.

Comment

I went to one of those shops when I was very young to get a pair of tires for my 'new to me' Blazer, and after an hour or so the guy comes up front to tell me that it had wheel adapters on it, that they were illegal and that they would not put the wheels back on it unless I bought a set of wheels from them. I told them bullshit, that I wanted my shit put back on it so I could leave. The manager then told me again that it was illegal, and if I wouldn't buy wheels from them that he would call the police. I said, "no need, I'll do it for you" pulled out the ol' cellphone and promptly called the Waco city police... as the manager started back-peddling and cussing me. The cops show up kinda pissed because they were called for something so chickenshit, until I told them exactly what I was told by the manager, and had a few witnesses to back me up in the waiting area. Needless to say, my shit was reassembled and waiting for me in about 10 minutes free of charge.

Stevo
          Originally posted by SSMAN
          ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

As others said, Mieneike and similar shops suck. I just had a full 2 1/4 dual exhaust system bent and welded up on my truck for less than $150.

Originally posted by Ruffneck1320 View Post
            FUCK MEINEKE IN THEIR GOAT ASS, i went into the place by my house for a brake job on my cummins. I had just drove 23 hours from my old rig in PA. the day before, so i really didnt want to turn any wrenches.
            They quoted me 900 for brakes and a Caliper( they said it was sticking and needed to be replaced) i said No way in hell!!!!
            They say they have my truck apart and are starting to work on it . i tell the manager to put my shit back together and he argues with me about how they have to fix it bc it is the law, or some stupid shit.
            in the end i went to "vatozone" and bought the parts and did it for 175ish.
            The kicker was that i was talking to the cashier at autozone, and he says "huh, how ironic... the guys next door at meineke just called and asked the price for all these exact same parts"!!!!!!!! wtd?
            I did the same with my CJ7. A rear wheel cylinder blew and I grenaded several parts in the drum. So I pulled in to a "just brakes" to see how much they would charge to repair it so I could get back on the road.
            After they estimated $900 full front and rear repair, I said "no", to which they said we cant put it back together how it is, "its illegal" "we cant let you drive it". I went in their shop and installed my drum on my vehicle with my tools and drove it out.
            I went to the local auto parts store and bought the parts and fixed it for $43 in the parking lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Pro88LX View Post
              It was an example. So you're saying you have never bitched about the price of ANYTHING?
              lol, when you're rich as fuck, you don't complain about prices
              http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Grape View Post
                no, i just go somewhere else, i don't try to run others business and justify why they should charge less, i've got enough shit to worry about.
                I have a hard time believing that you NEVER EVER even have the smallest thought about something being priced too high.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                  lol, when you're rich as fuck, you don't complain about prices
                  Well i don't know him from Adam, but most of the rich people i know (family members) are actually somewhat frugal. Not saying they buy cheap shit, as my dad's brother built a 8k square foot house on 20 acres overlooking silicon valley, and the roof is hand chisled pieces of slate LOL, but he bitches about the price of gas just like anyone else LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Pro88LX View Post
                    Well i don't know him from Adam, but most of the rich people i know (family members) are actually somewhat frugal. Not saying they buy cheap shit, as my dad's brother built a 8k square foot house on 20 acres overlooking silicon valley, and the roof is hand chisled pieces of slate LOL, but he bitches about the price of gas just like anyone else LOL
                    depends on which generation planted the money tree

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                      depends on which generation planted the money tree
                      That's very true. He is self made, but that said my grand parents aren't hurting either lol. I think i'm the only broke dick in the family. Oh the perks on moving away from the nest in California LOL

Comment

lord knows I wish that money defined my "richness" LOL

Comment

Working...
                        X