Meineke rant (long)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meineke rant (long)

I went to B&B in carrollton to get my new mufflers welded on, but they were busy, so I decided to stop by Meineke on the way home to see if they could do it for a reasonable price. I show them the mufflers and say I just want an estimate. an After 30 minutes of waiting ( 3 guys standing around in the shop, doing nothing ) they finally pull my car in the garage. The mechanic says I'm not allowed to stand and watch inside the shop ( red flag ) So I reluctantly walk back into the store since they are only gonna get me an estimate and I've been standing forever. Thirty minutes later the manager walks in :
    " I'm gonna charge you for 3 hours of labor, plus the cost of piping because the muffler tips arent long enough to weld to. $304.98 is the best I can do and I can get it done on friday. "

I am flabbergasted. I promptly tell him that I had never welded before but I could have it done within the hour and that I know for a fact the ends of the mufflers are long enough because OrangechevyII welded my old mufflers with less than an inch of shelf on 'em and cut the new ones out knowing that I was going to put them on my car. He insist that they have to do all this " custom" shit to get them on, and I say " all you have to do is weld around the godd@mn ends! " So I finally tell him that I'm gonna go find a reasonable estimate.

Now It gets good. He hands me the recipt and evidently I owe twenty some odd dollars for a some odd number point inspection. WHAT?! Did I ask for that? Did you tell me about that? Is that in writing somewhere?? HELL NO! I tell him that that is BS and take my keys and leave. F-u-c-k THAT. /rant
    2012 GT500

go see Gary at Triple A muffler on main street in Garland. tell him Andy sent you.
    95 Rio Red Cobra#3881

http://www.bborr.com/2013/2013results.html#115

Comment

why would would you even go to Meineke high dollar on everything they do

Comment

Originally posted by 80coupe View Post
        why would would you even go to Meineke high dollar on everything they do

Because he is a kid and doesn't know yet that he should never set foot in a Meineke, Firestone, Midas, Just Brakes, Ammco Transmission, or about 10 other major nationwide shop chains.

Comment

456's!!!!

Comment

Lesson learned.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
              or about 10 other major nationwide shop chains.
              Goodyear is a another one. They told me the fine for no cats was $25,000 when I took my car there to get new tires. They had to jack it all the way up to the ceiling to put tires on,noticed the exhaust (or lack thereof), and told me I better hurry and gets cats on there or I'd be in big trouble.

Comment

Fuck that shit! lol!!
                Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
                90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

sounds like your own fault for going to meineke

Cobra #340 Mystichrome #73

Comment

should've just waited for B&B. That place is awesome and will probably cut you a better deal if you take cash

Comment

Don't muffler shops charge $25 per muffler? something like that. I'm a welder but I don't do many exhaust except for my own cars.
                      sigpic
                      1987 Mustang LX Coupe, yes it's slow
                      1985 Mustang LX Coupe, not slow

Comment

I always hit up a little muffler shop by the house, always done a great job and cheap, pretty much $30 for anything you get done if you supply the muffler/turn downs etc

Comment

Originally posted by TENGRAM View Post
                          should've just waited for B&B. That place is awesome and will probably cut you a better deal if you take cash
                          For sure. I love them, and they installed my tailpipes for really cheap. I was just really impatient because today was really the only day I had to get this done until next monday, so when they turned me away I wanted to see if someone else could do it then for cheap. "Time is money" works both ways I guess. lol
                          2012 GT500

Comment

B&B does good work been using them for years now they will good work call ahead for a appointment and that is bs that meineke wanted to charge you there is no way I would pay that..

Comment

B & B did it for $40 a muffler.
                              2012 GT500

Comment

Working...
                              X