Meineke rant (long)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
    I had also seen B&B install my tailpipes ( custom fitted because they were for another car) and bend custom flow tubes for straight pipes all for under $100. It took over two hours to do as well. So when I get quoted $300 for something simple as installing two mufflers, I'm obviously going to catch that something is wrong.
    most business's that have rent, employees, taxes, electricity, running water, insurance and such, find it hard to operate for very long on less than $50/hr lol
    pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

oh and for the record i'm not defending meineke by any means, i'm pretty sure that within a half hour i could have this kid welding better than those goons lol
      pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Originally posted by Grape View Post
        most business's that have rent, employees, taxes, electricity, running water, insurance and such, find it hard to operate for very long on less than $50/hr lol
        That's actually the average price for a cheap welder. I've seen some as high as $75 an hour.
        sigpic
        1987 Mustang LX Coupe, yes it's slow
        1985 Mustang LX Coupe, not slow

Comment

True, but as has been stated a few times in this thread there are places that will do it for cheaper. Just because they have lower overhead or would rather make $40 than $0 one hour doesn't mean this guy is an idiot. A little of something is better than a lot of nothing in most cases.

Comment

That's high, you could have bought two brand new mufflers for $89 a piece installed.

Here's the bad part, although you were smart enough to pull away, other people just agree to it and let them do the work.
            Doing enough racing for 99% of the board!

Comment

fuck meineke

Originally posted by scootro View Post
              i can't tell you how many times people tried to rip me off when i was teenager! now that i'm older i've gotten wiser to these shops and know to stay away.
              FUCK MEINEKE IN THEIR GOAT ASS, i went into the place by my house for a brake job on my cummins. I had just drove 23 hours from my old rig in PA. the day before, so i really didnt want to turn any wrenches.
              They quoted me 900 for brakes and a Caliper( they said it was sticking and needed to be replaced) i said No way in hell!!!!
              They say they have my truck apart and are starting to work on it . i tell the manager to put my shit back together and he argues with me about how they have to fix it bc it is the law, or some stupid shit.
              in the end i went to "vatozone" and bought the parts and did it for 175ish.
              The kicker was that i was talking to the cashier at autozone, and he says "huh, how ironic... the guys next door at meineke just called and asked the price for all these exact same parts"!!!!!!!! wtd?

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffneck1320 View Post
                FUCK MEINEKE IN THEIR GOAT ASS, i went into the place by my house for a brake job on my cummins. I had just drove 23 hours from my old rig in PA. the day before, so i really didnt want to turn any wrenches.
                They quoted me 900 for brakes and a Caliper( they said it was sticking and needed to be replaced) i said No way in hell!!!!
                They say they have my truck apart and are starting to work on it . i tell the manager to put my shit back together and he argues with me about how they have to fix it bc it is the law, or some stupid shit.
                in the end i went to "vatozone" and bought the parts and did it for 175ish.
                The kicker was that i was talking to the cashier at autozone, and he says "huh, how ironic... the guys next door at meineke just called and asked the price for all these exact same parts"!!!!!!!! wtd?
                Did you go back and kick the managers ass? Lol. Why the fuck are they still in business ? Everyone that goes there is getting robbed and they don't have a clue.
                2012 GT500

Comment

oh and for the record i'm not defending meineke by any means, i'm pretty sure that within a half hour i could have this kid welding better than those goons lol
                  Whenever you start needing an intern, you let me know. lol but seriously.

Comment

I don't bitch about gas prices, I know nothing about the business, I adjust accordingly.
                    It was an example. So you're saying you have never bitched about the price of ANYTHING?

Comment

Originally posted by Pro88LX View Post
                      It was an example. So you're saying you have never bitched about the price of ANYTHING?
                      no, i just go somewhere else, i don't try to run others business and justify why they should charge less, i've got enough shit to worry about.
                      pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

i think that since you don't have the talent or skill to do something it automatically gives you the right to price other's work...........
                        You don't need to be a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.

Stevo
                        Originally posted by SSMAN
                        ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

I went to B&B in carrollton to get my new mufflers welded on, but they were busy, so I decided to stop by Meineke on the way home to see if they could do it for a reasonable price. I show them the mufflers and say I just want an estimate. an After 30 minutes of waiting ( 3 guys standing around in the shop, doing nothing ) they finally pull my car in the garage. The mechanic says I'm not allowed to stand and watch inside the shop ( red flag ) So I reluctantly walk back into the store since they are only gonna get me an estimate and I've been standing forever. Thirty minutes later the manager walks in :
                          " I'm gonna charge you for 3 hours of labor, plus the cost of piping because the muffler tips arent long enough to weld to. $304.98 is the best I can do and I can get it done on friday. "

I am flabbergasted. I promptly tell him that I had never welded before but I could have it done within the hour and that I know for a fact the ends of the mufflers are long enough because OrangechevyII welded my old mufflers with less than an inch of shelf on 'em and cut the new ones out knowing that I was going to put them on my car. He insist that they have to do all this " custom" shit to get them on, and I say " all you have to do is weld around the godd@mn ends! " So I finally tell him that I'm gonna go find a reasonable estimate.

Now It gets good. He hands me the recipt and evidently I owe twenty some odd dollars for a some odd number point inspection. WHAT?! Did I ask for that? Did you tell me about that? Is that in writing somewhere?? HELL NO! I tell him that that is BS and take my keys and leave. F-u-c-k THAT. /rant
                          Why didn't you just go back to OCII? Would have saved you gas, time and money.

Comment

Originally posted by G.. View Post
                            Why didn't you just go back to OCII? Would have saved you gas, time and money.
                            OCII is an hour both ways.
                            2012 GT500

Comment

OCII is an hour both ways.
                              So you drove to several shops and spent a hour to get a 300 dollor estimate. You had time. lol

Comment

Originally posted by G.. View Post
                                So you drove to several shops and spent a hour to get a 300 dollor estimate. You had time. lol
                                True. But I didn't Have time to get there before it closed. Even if I did he prolly would have had time to fit me in.
                                2012 GT500

Comment

Working...
                                X