No announcement yet.

Meineke rant (long)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couple points, first not being allowed in the shop/under the lift isn't cause for "redflag". It's a safety thing, granted I'm pretty open to letting people come under the lift or in the bay with me. "IF" something were to happen and you were to get hurt, it'd possibly be a hell of a lawsuit for the business owner. Can't blame a person for covering their back. Second, if you find a shop that handles the service you want for a price you like, then you have to work around their scheduling. Like I tell my little sister when she wants her car worked on. If you want convenience, it costs money. In her case it always seems she can wait for some of my free labor. I use an independent shop in Denison, S&S muffler, Gayland is super cool, does great work, and I can't complain about his pricing. However, he's first come first serve basis, so if there's 3 or 4 cars waiting when you get there then you either wait or come back later.

Comment

i think that since you don't have the talent or skill to do something it automatically gives you the right to price other's work...........
      pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Originally posted by Grape View Post
        i think that since you don't have the talent or skill to do something it automatically gives you the right to price other's work...........
        I deal with people like that everyday. So I tell them buy all the welding equipment to do the job and sketch me a picture on how to do it then I will lower my price .
        sigpic
        1987 Mustang LX Coupe, yes it's slow
        1985 Mustang LX Coupe, not slow

Comment

monte's mufflers. 30 bucks if you supply your mufflers!
          400 NW 28th St Fort Worth.

Comment

He has a right to not pay a price that he doesn't see as fair. How does his skill level have anything to do with it? Surely you don't/couldn't build everything you ever need in your day to day life... and I doubt you're so rich that you unquestioningly pay whatever price is first quoted to you for the stuff you buy.

Comment

A&B muffler on Pipeline rd. in Hurst does it for $40 as well.

Comment

Originally posted by TENGRAM View Post
                He has a right to not pay a price that he doesn't see as fair. How does his skill level have anything to do with it? Surely you don't/couldn't build everything you ever need in your day to day life... and I doubt you're so rich that you unquestioningly pay whatever price is first quoted to you for the stuff you buy.
                Why do you think Hendrick gets $32k to lease a truck or busch engine for a weekend and Carl Wegner charges $15k. Same engines right? Except one will get its ass blown off, you figure out which one
                pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Why do you think Hendrick gets $32k to lease a truck or busch engine for a weekend and Carl Wegner charges $15k. Same engines right? Except one will get its ass blown off, you figure out which one
                  Sure, quality is a factor. B&B does great work though, and at $40 compared to $300+ there's no way that the Meineke shop was gonna be that much better. Sometimes you're just paying for advertising...

At any rate, my point is, he has a right to question the cost. Only a fool wouldn't.

Comment

i can't tell you how many times people tried to rip me off when i was teenager! now that i'm older i've gotten wiser to these shops and know to stay away.

Comment

Originally posted by TENGRAM View Post
                      Sure, quality is a factor. B&B does great work though, and at $40 compared to $300+ there's no way that the Meineke shop was gonna be that much better. Sometimes you're just paying for advertising...

At any rate, my point is, he has a right to question the cost. Only a fool wouldn't.
                      so this kid that has never pulled the trigger on a welder is allowed to actually have an opinion on pricing fabrication work? I have a fool proof business plan, you two should go into business together, you could be in the back fabricating, and he could run the office and price the work. Tell me how long you guys can pay your bills.........

I deal with broke dicks all the time that think just because i can put a front clip on a race car in 4 hours that it shouldn't cost much.........WRONG
                      pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

so this kid that has never pulled the trigger on a welder is allowed to actually have an opinion on pricing fabrication work? I have a fool proof business plan, you two should go into business together, you could be in the back fabricating, and he could run the office and price the work. Tell me how long you guys can pay your bills.........

I deal with broke dicks all the time that think just because i can put a front clip on a race car in 4 hours that it shouldn't cost much.........WRONG

You don't have an opinion on anything you haven't actually done yourself, such as economics, foreign policy, taxes, the price of gas, etc? What a silly blanket statement.

Comment

So because he has never pulled the trigger on a welder (which by some of the work i've seen done by some of these chains, he may be better off doing it himself LOL) he is not qualified to think that someones price is too high? I hope you don't EVER bitch about gas prices unless you're out in the oil field where they're pumping it, on the tanker ships transporting it, at the refineries refining it, driving the truck delivering it to the gas station, AND owning a gas station and selling it. Sorry for the run on sentence lol

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                            You don't have an opinion on anything you haven't actually done yourself, such as economics, foreign policy, taxes, the price of gas, etc? What a silly blanket statement.
                            Right?

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                              I had also seen B&B install my tailpipes ( custom fitted because they were for another car) and bend custom flow tubes for straight pipes all for under $100. It took over two hours to do as well. So when I get quoted $300 for something simple as installing two mufflers, I'm obviously going to catch that something is wrong.
                              2012 GT500

Comment

Originally posted by Pro88LX View Post
                                So because he has never pulled the trigger on a welder (which by some of the work i've seen done by some of these chains, he may be better off doing it himself LOL) he is not qualified to think that someones price is too high? I hope you don't EVER bitch about gas prices unless you're out in the oil field where they're pumping it, on the tanker ships transporting it, at the refineries refining it, driving the truck delivering it to the gas station, AND owning a gas station and selling it. Sorry for the run on sentence lol
                                I don't bitch about gas prices, I know nothing about the business, I adjust accordingly.
                                pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Working...
                                X