going from EFI to Carb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• going from EFI to Carb

My buddy is doing a low build swap in his ranger. Picked up a 94 5.0 out of a F150. What all is needed to swap and also if anyone has any parts they want to let go, please let me know.

1. Carb (which one) this is not going to be a bad ass motor.
    2. Lower intake (performer) or is there a good one but cheaper
    3. Dist??

I know there is more so any help would be great.

Thanks,
    Greg

you need a distributor (without a TFI module)
    Ignition box
    Possibly a coil - depending on how you go.
    Fuel Reg
    Vaccum tree
    and a couple other things I think I may be forgetting.

I was going to use a 650 Holley, still have it and an Eldelbrock intake in my storage shed since I sold the car. If you still need one in about 2 months (when I get home) I can give you a good deal on both.

Comment

You can even use the TFI distributor - there's a way to wire it up without the ECU. It won't be the best, but it's good for a low-buck build.

Comment

[QUOTE=samuel642000;148055]you need a distributor (without a TFI module)
        Ignition box
        Possibly a coil - depending on how you go.
        Fuel Reg
        Vaccum tree
        and a couple other things I think I may be forgetting.

I was going to use a 650 Holley, still have it and an Eldelbrock intake in my storage shed since I sold the car. If you still need one in about 2 months (when I get home) I can give you a good deal on both.[/QUOTE

Cool bro, i will let you know if we still need stuff. It is a cool build, the truck already lays frame. Now he wants to do the engine.

Anyone know if the shorty headers will be a problem to swap into the truck?

Brooks, you think it will be easier to get a different dist.

Comment

Depends.. You'd most likely have to get some sort of ignition amplifier to run with an aftermarket dizzy. There's the option of getting the HEI converted ford distributor - which is SIMPLE.. and fairly cheap.

Comment

will a 6al work, i have one just laying around

Comment

Working...
            X